Massive Lithium Solar Generators

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apology Condor as miss read your reference to BMS as the BM Pro systems which are what I had several shots at to no avail. ie Many issues with and didn't work more than it did.

My new van has the Projecta BM335 fitted, with LCD display and including the water tank level. I really like Victron for solar, but as I can add what I think I'll need within the 335's limit, I won't add one for now. Noting I'm 3 months from getting the bloody van anyway, lol

By adding the BMSHUNT (Projecta) I'll have many options should I need them. Among the adds will be extra 12V and 5V outlets so I can charge detector gear.

condor22 said:
My new van has the Projecta BM335 fitted, with LCD display and including the water tank level. I really like Victron for solar, but as I can add what I think I'll need within the 335's limit, I won't add one for now. Noting I'm 3 months from getting the bloody van anyway, lol

By adding the BMSHUNT (Projecta) I'll have many options should I need them. Among the adds will be extra 12V and 5V outlets so I can charge detector gear.

Yeah that waiting game is a killer,

Yep 12v and 5v are a must nower days, My van has 3 Live 12v sockets and my power boxes have another 4 plus I have a total of 12 5v USB sockets and 2 45w 3.0 Sockets and 4x 240v Sockets, Plus the Van 6x 240v Sockets in it If I use Shore Power Hookup or a Petrol powered Genny, So that's 10x 240v Sockets In total. plus 2 on the Genny. :inlove: :playful: :inlove:

The Van also has the small Lithium system the Camper conversion came with a Couple ( 2 ) of USB sockets and it's own small solar panel with plug in LED Lights, And I have solar lights as well, as well as many other lighting options,

I think I have the power side of things covered now, I went off on Saturday Night and came back Monday and although I had 80k winds and some heavy rain showers I had every thing I needed, :Y:

After a quick test the EB180 will run the ARB47 set at -12*c for about 109 hours or in fridge mode it will run it for around 165.44 hours before it gets down to the last 20%. Without any form of charging being connected

2x 100w panels will keep it from ever dropping below 100% In Australia, even 2x 60w /2x 80w panels would work, Using 2 panels in series works better because it's input voltage ranges from 16v to 60v and where it is pretty easy for a single panel to drop below 16v running 2 in series will make sure that never happens, Seeing as it can handle up to 500w even 2 or 3 150w panels will give it the best possible change even on cloudy days,

As a no messing all in one unit these EB series are about the best money can buy, They also make a High Tech AC200P with 2000wh and a 2000w pure sine wave inverter but it has a load of stuff most of us will never use and I think it can handle from 30 to 145v @ 700w of Solar,

Either the EB150, EB180 or the EB240 (2400wh) is more than up to the job for off grid or long trips, I love using my PLB's but when you think that this thing has more than 3X the power and it cost me $316.59 cheaper than 2 Dometic PLB's and when I bought the second one I got it for $472.14c less than the 2 PLB's Over here now the PLB's cost 850.00 or $1555.50c AUD Each, Plus the EB has a 1000w inverter this thing blows away just about anything else and being able to carry in one hand up to 2.4kwh of power where it is needed makes it well worth the money plus you can plug your camp trailer in to it if you want to which is great if you can't run a Genny.

The thing that concerns me about any Lithium is it construction type.

Some deep cycle lithiums use a batch of cylindrical cells in a mix of series and parallel to get the desired AH and voltage. Others use pouch cells in the same manner. They both have their uses i.e. torches or SDC2300 and Mobile phones respectively, all low voltage and mAh rated.

The only type of construction I would chose is prismatic, as it, in my opinion, is more robust. Both mechanically for bouncing around in a 4by or caravan and electrically for higher loads.

My Companion 40 AH PLB does not state construction type and most don't. The interesting spec difference between it and my Pylontech (which is prismatic) is;

Companion 40AH = 2,000 cycles @ 80% depth - Pylontech 100AH = 4,000 cycles @ 80% depth. Methinks definitely a different construction.

The other difference is the price per AH;

Companion Rover 40 AH = $535 @ $13.38/ AH - Pylontech 100 AH $985 @ $9.85/ AH. To extrapolate using the cycle life also, the Rover works out to $26.76 or near 3 times the price. Which shows that convenience really is more expensive lol.

Bottom line, if a manufacturer doesn't specify cell construction, I'm not interested. :)

Forgot one other point. For higher AH deep cycle, I like a metal case over plastic. More rugged and steel doesn't burn.

condor22 said:
The thing that concerns me about any Lithium is it construction type.

Some deep cycle lithiums use a batch of cylindrical cells in a mix of series and parallel to get the desired AH and voltage. Others use pouch cells in the same manner. They both have their uses i.e. torches or SDC2300 and Mobile phones respectively, all low voltage and mAh rated.

The only type of construction I would chose is prismatic, as it, in my opinion, is more robust. Both mechanically for bouncing around in a 4by or caravan and electrically for higher loads.

My Companion 40 AH PLB does not state construction type and most don't. The interesting spec difference between it and my Pylontech (which is prismatic) is;

Companion 40AH = 2,000 cycles @ 80% depth - Pylontech 100AH = 4,000 cycles @ 80% depth. Methinks definitely a different construction.

The other difference is the price per AH;

Companion Rover 40 AH = $535 @ $13.38/ AH - Pylontech 100 AH $985 @ $9.85/ AH. To extrapolate using the cycle life also, the Rover works out to $26.76 or near 3 times the price. Which shows that convenience really is more expensive lol.

Bottom line, if a manufacturer doesn't specify cell construction, I'm not interested. :)

The Cells in the EB's are 12 LG Automotive Grade Pouch E63 Cells not the smaller more Common 18650 cells found in other portable packs, These are the same ones Renault fit in their EV Cars, These batteries are a serious bit of kit,

PowerOak / Bluetti are one of the major players and they make products for many other companies such as Panasonic, Samsung, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, Honeywell and many more types of suppliers.

As for the Case of the EB series the End caps are some very Tough High Grade Plastic of some sort and the main Body is Alloy/Metal, I don't know whats inside but it is solid from top to bottom there are no Hollow areas that I can find.

Although the overall layout is plain and Simple/Boring it is really over engineered and built like a Tank, The fit and finish is way beyond other products on the market,

Looking at their product range they make start at 93wh up to 31,000wh and the bigger ones can be link together to make even bigger Banks as well as being Grid Tied UPS systems which can be fully programmed as to at what voltage point SOC they turn on and Charge them selves and when they turn them selves off again, Which means they can be setup to charge in the Off Peak Hours IE at night when Electricity is Cheaper in most Countries, and all you have to specify is How many Batteries you want So that 31,000wh could easily become 124,000wh and So On ect,

They Make some amazing products like the 31,000wh model which can be expanded that Starts at 29,752.24 Euros with a Battery Capacity of 32Kwh and an Inverter Capacity of 26Kwh, with an Input Charge Current of 320A with a Suggested PV Input Power of 16,000w, along with Three Phase varients also available, These Guys really Know their Onions, :Y:

My Brother has since bought a second EB180 for a total of 3600Wh Plu 2 X 260w 24v Panels, I think I have created a Monster. :eek:

Nightjar said:
Ridge Runner said:
My Brother has since bought a second EB180 for a total of 3600Wh Plu 2 X 260w 24v Panels, I think I have created a Monster. :eek:

Hey RR,
More like you have created double trouble?
You'll be taking away Perth, WA glory. being the "city of lights."

For years I have been telling him to get some sort of backup power and about 5 months ago he got a little 40Ah/500wh portapack then when he saw the big 1800wh one I bought he wanted one so I got him one and now he's possesed by the things, If his Head starts revolving Brother or Not I'm getting outta here, :eek: ]:D :skull: :8

Anyone interested in these Bluetti Lithium Packs In Australia they have had all sorts of huge Specials right across the entire range,

This Video was posted by John Cadogan 9 days ago so it might still be On,

Last edited:
Hey RR,
More like you have created double trouble?
You'll be taking away Perth, WA glory. being the "city of lights."
Last month my Brother added the 2400wh version So now he has over 6000wh or 6.0kwh of battery power and he has now added 2x 300w Solar Panels to the 2x 260w panels, So he can charge 2 units at once,

Latest posts