Manning River Taree

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golden_Smoky

Old geezer who owns a Minelab 4500 and implements
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been reading the book Gold Prospecting by Douglas M. Stone and looking at the NSW map on page 116 of that book, and it has an area marked in the Taree district on the Manning River. Is there any gold in that area and is there any for detectors or is it only river panning...please help me, as a pensioner fuel is too damn expensive to go much further than where I live in the Forster area of NSW which is only 30-45 minutes away from Taree.

I've been reading the book Gold Prospecting by Douglas M. Stone and looking at the NSW map on page 116 of that book, and it has an area marked in the Taree district on the Manning River. Is there any gold in that area and is there any for detectors or is it only river panning...please help me, as a pensioner fuel is too damn expensive to go much further than where I live in the Forster area of NSW which is only 30-45 minutes away from Taree.
I've been looking through old posts here for something that may help you, but all I've found is the one below. Seems like any Taree gold is extremely fine - only suitable for panning, I'm afraid:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/when-you-need-a-fix-of-fossicking.10265/#post-129256

Latest posts