Makro Racer 2 accessories and Deteknix wireless setup.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
At last my covers have arrvived from Pro-tectors in the UK for the Racer 2, I wasn't really keen on getting this detector too dirty before they arrived, especially with such a large screen being open to scratching. I have also added a cut to size tablet screen cover as added protection for the large display.

The screen cover is well padded, though this earlier version misses out on the hole for the front facing LED light, should still be a cinch to add. The rear cover is a tight fit, and will only fit with the arm cuff in the rearward position, so something to think about if you have short arms.

1460800536_img_20160416_193025.jpg

1460800556_img_20160416_193002.jpg

As Makro still haven't released an updated bluetooth wireless headphone combo for the Racer 2, I ended up purchasing the Deteknix bluetooth wireless transmitter/receiver combo from Phasetech instead. They work a treat and are very simple to fit and pair with the headphone receiver. Hold down the power button on the transmitter, followed by the receiver for a few seconds, and they are paired, very simple. If there is any delay in the signal response, it is barely noticeable and completely acceptable from my point of view - from memory I think it was about 0.06 of a second delay. Will have to get back to you on run time, factory specs have it at 6 hours which should suffice for most hunts.

Also included are two USB charging cables, two rubber o-rings for shaft mounting, and a 6.35mm to 3.5mm jack adapter.

I would really like to look at fitting a 90 degree jack to the transmitter, as it should help prevent premature failure of the plug cable strain with it protruding from the rear of the detector.

1460800583_img_20160416_193135.jpg

1460800605_img_20160416_193108.jpg

1460800627_img_20160416_193202.jpg

Lastly, I picked up the small OOR (out of round) 5"4.5" RC13 coil for use on heavy iron and junk at local relic sites, should be interesting to see if it can pull any more targets from areas already detected over the stock coil. Also supplied in the package is a velcro tie, skid plate and coil bolt/washers. The Racer 2 propack usually includes the later RC13E 5" round coil.

1460800653_img_20160416_193246.jpg

I would have preferred the other Deteknix kit that included the wireless headphones and transmitter, although the earlier models suffered issues with them turning off all the time during periods of inactivitiy. Apparently this was fixed on the newer Deteknix kits with slightly different headphones, though I have never seen them offered here for sale as far as I can recall.

Maybe Nenad or AM could clarify the situation on the headphone kit.

Same headphones, just a software tweak. I have a couple pairs here.

Most are waiting for the larger size wireless headphones from Deteknix, but no word on when they may be ready yet.

I think the universal kit will be very popular as most users already have their preferred headphones, or have a pair of earbud headphones but the cable is too thin / short.

The Makro wireless headphones will be a very neat set-up though, zero wires, but obviously won't adapt to other detectors.

Just an FYI for anyone thinking of grabbing a Racer 2, I have plenty of accessories in stock including extra coils. Cheers

Latest posts