Losing a finger

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moneybox said:
I have a friend in Echuca who works a saw mill and a heap of associated machinery. He has progressively lost fingers over the years, 2 off one hand and 3 off the other and still works the mill every day. He jokes bout his doctors comments every time he shows up.

Father-in-Law used to work in sawmills and worked with a guy in the same sort of condition however he conveniently had the incidents whenever he needed to finalise a significant purchase ie: house, car etc. Never used to hide the fact on what he had done and no-blame worker compensation system assisted the process

Tell em you'll need the finger for burial purposes in the future(religious reasons).... they should give it to you in a bottle.... (will still look good on the mantle piece at least).
Worth a shot :Y:

I remember my brother loosing a toe in a circular saw incident and him being in hospital recovering, I took him in a fed of yabbies one afternoon and the nurse came in and asked what was going on, told her I caught them yesterday and I thought hed enjoy a feed, when she asked about how you catch em them I replied telling her I used his amputated toe for bait. :playful:

Gem in I said:
That sounds new and interesting Manpa ???

Circular saw incident with toe ???

Cutting out a termite riddled floor of his neighbours with a 9 saw, kicked back when it hit a strainer rod under the floor, ran across his foot, had his Japanese riding boots on (read thongs) cut across all five toes, lost the second toe and then the little toe probably eighteen months later. pissed I didnt get that one for yabby bait!

All the best with it Patrick, try looking at the positives and all the tricks you can do to the kids at parties, like the Pull My Finger joke or surprise them when they think you're 3 knuckles in picking your nose ;)

Seriously though, hope it goes well and you learn to adapt easily enough :fistpump:

Pity you have to be there while they do it Patrick.
Here's hoping it's done before you even realise it mate :Y:

There it is. That part is done. Now the frustration of relearning begins.
This picture makes me look like I've got a dented head :lol:
1644917861_20220215_203712.jpg

Looks like a decent stump left there :Y:

Do they do a prosthetic for a stump that mimicks tall man for pointer..... I can imagine a slip over for tall man that drives the pointer prostheses :perfect:

Latest posts