Losing a finger

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not the best news. I know plenty of farmers that have lost a finger or two and they all manage. Is a prosthetic one out of the question? Do you mind me asking what happened? All the best with it.

Geez..Sorry to hear Patrick. That sucks.

I have no experience with this sort of thing but did recently watch a doco on Tommy Caldwell who is a pro rock climber. He lost an index finger and was told by his doctor tp give up climbing.
He not only kept climbing but went on to forge a new way up El Capitan in the US. He has also published a book detailing the experience.

As detailed in his book, The Push, Caldwell describes the horrific accident, surgeries, and rehabilitation

https://www.johnericksonmd.com/news...tommy-caldwell-defies-odds-finger-amputation/

Hope it all works out for you mate.
All the best. :Y:

shakergt said:
This is not the best news. I know plenty of farmers that have lost a finger or two and they all manage. Is a prosthetic one out of the question? Do you mind me asking what happened? All the best with it.
Don't know anything about a fake finger yet. It may be discussed in the future.
I crushed in in a big ass press at work.

There was an American guy by the name of Marvin Lorne, who used to play the coffee shop circuit around Melbourne back in the 80's and 90's. He wore a prosthetic little finger when he played, and it was on his fret/chord hand too. Damned good player he was, and you wouldn't have known when you heard him playing.

Very sorry to see Pat, maybe you should soak it in some of your hooch, it sure would sanitize it. We hope you will be right for laanecoorie. All the best wishes for a speedy recovery. JIM and Robyn.

New Update,
Found out today that the finger is coming off next Tuesday. I asked the hospital to keep the removed digit and they actually said yes. SHOCKING! If I came into this World with it I'd certainly like to leave with it. It'll be in a sealed jar of preservative, I'm sure. I've been informed my new nickname will be , in fact, DIGIT.
Heading down to Melbourne to some Hospital called The Avenue.... rather weird name.
Anyone ever heard if it?

I have a friend in Echuca who works a saw mill and a heap of associated machinery. He has progressively lost fingers over the years, 2 off one hand and 3 off the other and still works the mill every day. He jokes bout his doctors comments every time he shows up.

Patrick1 said:
New Update,
Found out today that the finger is coming off next Tuesday. I asked the hospital to keep the removed digit and they actually said yes. SHOCKING! If I came into this World with it I'd certainly like to leave with it. It'll be in a sealed jar of preservative, I'm sure. I've been informed my new nickname will be , in fact, DIGIT.
Heading down to Melbourne to some Hospital called The Avenue.... rather weird name.
Anyone ever heard if it?

Could start a Victorian version of the Yukon's "Sour Toe Cocktail" ....... preserved dried out toe dropped into a glass of spirits of your choice and drunk by adventurous prospectors ( ..... just don't swallow the toe).

Bit of a tradition in Dawson City, Yukon ...... couldn't have an Aussie wipe out in front of Poms, Yanks and Maple Leaf farmers.

But in all seriousness, hope it goes well (and that they get the right finger).

1644368469_a7f1d164-1bf0-4c9a-b472-290894c171a5_1_201_a.jpg

1644368503_244bbff0-9334-4a23-b9ae-bb6365ceecba_1_201_a.jpg

1644368560_0dda38da-890d-4036-a2d3-2d000125381b_1_201_a.jpg

1644368599_961502a2-cb96-4f2d-9157-2fab6374b9d1_1_201_a.jpg

Teemore said:
Patrick1 said:
New Update,
Anyone ever heard if it?

Could start a Victorian version of the Yukon's "Sour Toe Cocktail" ....... preserved dried out toe dropped into a glass of spirits of your choice and drunk by adventurous prospectors ( ..... just don't swallow the toe).

Bit of a tradition in Dawson City, Yukon ...... couldn't have an Aussie wipe out in front of Poms, Yanks and Maple Leaf farmers.

But in all seriousness, hope it goes well (and that they get the right finger).

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1d164-1bf0-4c9a-b472-290894c171a5_1_201_a.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...bbff0-9334-4a23-b9ae-bb6365ceecba_1_201_a.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...a38da-890d-4036-a2d3-2d000125381b_1_201_a.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...502a2-cb96-4f2d-9157-2fab6374b9d1_1_201_a.jpg
:awful: :awful: :beer:

Latest posts