look what i just built!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnethawkins

kinda obvious wouldn't ya say?
Reaction score
1262557_10152146706663154_138880917_o.jpg

Is that not the UGLIEST little highbanker you ever did see?

hey she might be a pig but I bet it holds gold mate, i reckon its quite a good concept, you could stick that in a river and use it as a sluice with classifier

Looks the goods mate. This is a classic prospectors pic, mine are all the same, a new thing i just built placed neatly amongst the grass that I dont have time to mow. So I figure if a prospector has neat lawns he isnt taking his hobby seriously enough.

Balx said:
Looks the goods mate. This is a classic prospectors pic, mine are all the same, a new thing i just built placed neatly amongst the grass that I dont have time to mow. So I figure if a prospector has neat lawns he isnt taking his hobby seriously enough.

So THAT'S why my yard is so unkempt! I knew it wasn't cause i was to lazy to mow it this week :lol:

G0lddigg@ said:
hey she might be a pig but I bet it holds gold mate, i reckon its quite a good concept, you could stick that in a river and use it as a sluice with classifier

Not a bad idea mate, might have to fiddle with the design a little so the back plate can be removed.
And yep holds gold, ran a 10litre bucket of Tailings through this arvo and managed to pull out a few specks i missed with the pan

Good Luck on the Gold Garnet!

"Do It Yourself Projects" is my favourite viewing, so keep-em coming!

Cheers Brad.

There is some satisfaction in building our own design,even though
it ends up costing the same! I guess those guys who are short on time
can buy off the shelf and go dig.but for me i love playing around in the workshop
,i hope to post more pics soon as im up to sluice no.4.
Good luck with yours.

Cheers dezman, i actually got pretty lucky though, mine only cost me 30 bucks for matting, the rest was made outta scrap, thus how it looks lol

workit said:
Hi

watch you don't destroy the pvc with the spade!
how will you break down the clay?

workit

Hey work it, yeah that was actually a bit of a concern when i built it but so far so good lol.
As for clay anything that doesn't immediately break up enough to go through the mesh grizzly with a scrape or two gets scraped off and allowed to soak whilst i work the better material... Doesn't always work the way id like but it does ok...
Im actually out for a couple of days with it atm, will post a pic after final clean up

Latest posts