Lockdown Boredom

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife has always collected banded rocks to place in the garden. To my annoyance, they tend to be large but portable.

I have always been interested in semi-precious stones, so I thought we could combine our interests.

I have visited the Avon River at Stratford in Gippsland many times to fossick through the pebbles and rounded stones. Just before the latest lockdown, I booked a week in Stratford and have nothing else to do but "exercise" on the banks of the Avon River.

My initial search was for agate but that appears to be a lost cause here. So I decided to go for interesting patterned rocks, I believe they are called Chalcedony.

But, after searching and collecting, I have become so confused that I can no longer concentrate on any one thing. Too much choice can be a bad thing.

But I did collect some interesting specimens that I would like some assistance with identification.

Many thanks. I hope to be able to narrow my search with your help and maybe assist my lower back muscles.

1626499892_img_4433.jpg

1626499929_img_4442.jpg

1626499962_img_4438.jpg

1626499993_img_4439.jpg

1626500027_img_4437.jpg

Latest posts