Lithium battery fires

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay, thanks for that..didn't know. should have checked, lesson learned { and post deleted!}
Don’t be sorry Mate, it happens to us all. It’s embarrassing, but it’s also a good reminder.

The internet is a crazy amazing resource, but it’s also made it easier for every dickhead with a theory (or agenda), to be able spread their BS. Once, the idiots stood on street corners yelling at passers by. Now, they spread their BS online, using pretty slick graphics and catchy headlines.

One really useful site is called Tineye. You can drop a photo into it and it’ll give you a complete history of where it’s been posted and when. Dropping the “gps battery fire” photo into it, showed it’d been around for years, originally as a warning about iPhones, and then morphing into a couple of other memes.

It’s tricky, but we all need to practice a bit of critical thinking, and we ALL need to practice our digital literacy skills. Hope you weren’t offended, that was never my intent.

As they note:

Fires often start due to an internal fault in the battery, "That is through damage or poor manufacturing or using a different charger,"

From what I have read, the more expensive the battery the less likely the problem due to poor manufacture, EVs and household solar storage having had the most effort put into their design. Cheap imported batteries in toys and cheap electronics seem to be a major problem. Damage seems to be next most common and is relevant to cars in accidents (but so are fuel fires). Yet there are exceptions ... which is why they no doubt want to quantify. Will be interesting to see the results of their study....

Yeah must be something it and have noted fire brigades appear to be showing great concern over the recent frequency of lithium caused fires so I'm sure it will be looked more deeply into ?

Latest posts