Lifespan of a battery GPZ7000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows what the average lifespan is for a GPZ7000 before it needs to be replaced? Cannot find anything on how long the batteries last.
Thanks, Mel

Should get 6 to 8 hours from a charge,
I have 2 batteries and don't get out much, I'm guessing 3 years of 3 uses a year and they still go for as long as day 1 and they were 2nd hand by a year or more when I got them,
Generally batteries need use to survive, but they seem solid so far.

Should get 6 to 8 hours from a charge,
I have 2 batteries and don't get out much, I'm guessing 3 years of 3 uses a year and they still go for as long as day 1 and they were 2nd hand by a year or more when I got them,
Generally batteries need use to survive, but they seem solid so far.
Great thanks. My partner is looking at a 2nd hand 7000 4.5 yrs old but I’d prefer a new machine. This one has had 2 previous owners. Thoughts!

Nothing better than a machine in warranty, but if not, be sure its priced accordingly.
And if you don't know the seller and history make sure you do a minelab check on serial numbers ect.
Thanks. I think I have convinced my partner to go new. We’re going to Forsayth for 1 month in July. Had a power box go on a 5000 last time so was down 1 detector for 7 days. Don’t want that to happen again. 😊

Great thanks. My partner is looking at a 2nd hand 7000 4.5 yrs old but I’d prefer a new machine. This one has had 2 previous owners. Thoughts!
Battery life as in if it's faulty or not will depend a lot on it's treatment during it's life. A spare is always good in any case . If your going new give Nenad a call from Phase Technical he is in Adelaide but don't let that bother you as I purchased from him and I'm in FNQ. He will be at least equal to price you may get but heads and shoulders above all other dealers when it comes to good honest advice not based on sales dollars and also looking after you after purchase is made. Many here I think would also confirm that 😃 Just for your info, I believe Dell's Hole and Long Gully Stations are closed this season. 👍 Happy hunting

http://phasetechnical.com.au/

hi all
l use quite a bit and found the battery never goes flat, usually l'm out all day 6-8 hours
when l get home l recharge the used battery it recharges very quite

To answer to the OP.
It is unknown. The Z came out in 2015 and most are still running the original battery, so 7 years atm.

I

To answer to the OP.
It is unknown. The Z came out in 2015 and most are still running the original battery, so 7 years atm.

I
correct i have 2 x batteries from that period but the bc-10 charging dock had to be replaced last year.

Latest posts