Lesgold's videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou Les, I never had much luck doing this. I melted two ounces of gold from the dryblower but it didn't turn out looking nice and clean like yours.

Gold melt 3.jpg

I think my gold was too dirty to start with.

Hi Folks

Just put together a bit of a clip on some of the small Tibooburra yellow I found last week. Although the gold was small, the atmosphere of the place was terrific. What a great place to visit.

cheers

Les

Thank you Les, that's my first look at Tibooburra. A very good video and nice looking gold :)

Thanks for the video Les displaying TRUE live digs compared to a certain Aussie TV show that does not leave the camera continuously aimed at the ground where the target is and throughout the supposed nugget being dug up.

Nice going Les.... I’m heading up in a few days and was wondering how the flies are atm ?
Was that Gumvale or Mt. Stuart station where you were camped.

Hi Ozzie. We camped on Mt Stuart for a few days. Flies were pretty good. A couple of days were coolish so I reckon the flies camped up in front of a warm fire. No need for a veil when we were there.

Hi Folks

Just put together a bit of a clip on some of the small Tibooburra yellow I found last week. Although the gold was small, the atmosphere of the place was terrific. What a great place to visit.

cheers

Les

Thanks for taking the time to make vid and post 👍 appreciated.

Hi Folks,

Went out yesterday with the 6k for a few hours before the rain set in. I was targeting small pieces of gold locked into conglomerate rocks. The rock in this area has produced quite a few pieces over the past couple of years. Using the small Coiltek Goldhawk 10x5 made this task a little easier as all sides of the larger rocks needed to be tested. Hope you enjoy the clip.

cheers

Les

Hi Folks,

I just made a video clip that’s a bit different to what I normally put up. I have been making my own lump charcoal for the BBQ and thought that some of you may be interested in how it’s done. There are plenty of methods available for this task but I use this one as I don’t need to tend fires and spend time watching the process in order to make decisions as to when it needs special attention. For safety reasons, I still keep an eye on it but other jobs can be done while the timber is turned to charcoal. It may give a few of you BBQ experts or those wanting bio char for the veggie garden a few ideas.

cheers

Les

Hi Folks

Here is a clip I put together of a day in the bush late last week using the 6000 and the Coiltek Goldhawk 10x5. It was a lot of fun finding a bunch of small nuggets with this new coil. Still scratching my head as to how sensitive this coil is. Even getting the nugget into the scoop does not guarantee success. Hope you enjoy it.

cheers

Les

Hi folks,

A mate and I put together a clip on comparing the Coiltek Goldhawk 10x5 to the Minelab 11” mono coil. We knew that the gold would be small in this gold field so the comparison was biased in that way. We had a great time filming and detecting in this area. We both agree that different regions with gold of differing sizes and depths would most likely produce a range of results. We could only film what was located under the coil. Hope you enjoy it.

cheers

Les

Haven’t been out panning for a couple of years Sparra. Should make the effort and do a bit more especially now that there’s a bit of water around.

Latest posts