Legend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a look at the new legend today. Clegy had 3 coins in the palm of his hand. A quick swing and beep beep beep. Must say the earphones look slick.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1647226473597.jpg
    FB_IMG_1647226473597.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220314_134401.jpg
    20220314_134401.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20220314_134354.jpg
    20220314_134354.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220314_134344.jpg
    20220314_134344.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220314_134337.jpg
    20220314_134337.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20220314_132520.jpg
    20220314_132520.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 1
Just took delivery of the Legend standard packs. Had a quick unboxing which will be my demo/play unit. Full A4 glossy colour manual is great! And yes, the headphones are very nice. Look solid and very comfy. Detector and headphones are on charge for a play later tonight.

Oh, and the shaft is solid, zero flex.

So, I took the Legend for a spin at the beach last night with a couple friends who were keen to see it in action. First time ever using one for me so spent most of the time playing with settings. Just standard beach mode and toggled between Multi Dry and Multi Wet. Night light was great, but definitely needed my head torch to press the correct buttons, but with more use I think it will be second nature. Recovery speed 4 seemed to be ideal for my swing speed, and gave a bit more punch on deeper targets. We didn't have a ruler with us, but I reckon we were hitting an Aussie dollar about 14 inches, maybe more. I also quickly tested a few test nuggets I had with me, just to check the sensitivity, and it would easily pick up a 0.1g nugget, so won't have a problem finding small jewellery. Look forward to having a proper hunt with it.

V 1.06 software is now available for the Legend.

Updates Made:
Beach Mode Multi-W and the Pinpoint in this mode has been improved and updated.
2. Bluetooth headphones pairing criteria have been updated. The device will now search for the headphones it has been paired with initially and try to connect to those. This will prevent the device from connecting to other Bluetooth devices when the Bluetooth setting is on. If you want to pair the device with different Bluetooth headphones (other than those it was initially paired with) you must delete them from memory as explained in the manual.
3. The sensitivity value will now be displayed also in the Target ID section.
4. The ground phase value calculated through automatic ground balance as well as tracking will now be saved.
5. Multi-1, Multi-2, Multi-D, Multi-W frequencies will now be saved. The device will start with the last frequency used.
6. The default Number of Tones for Park and Beach modes have been changed to 2.
7. The default Tone Volume level of ferrous tone has been updated per each mode.
8. The Ground Balance menu icons and the tones have been updated.
9. The battery bar levels have been updated to be more linear.
10. Bugs have been fixed.

I did a short hunt and a few tests on wet sand with the new software. Playing around with the main settings, I found Beach Mode, Multi Wet, Sens 22, Stability 2, Recovery 4 to work very nicely.
Pin-point mode does seem to be working better. 10. "Bugs have been fixed" - I never noticed any bugs, so can't say if any have been ironed out.
Had a short detect, and got a soft repeatable tone.... scraped off some sand, and yep definitely a target. I had to have three digs at it before I got it out of the hole, and it was a very crusty half a pull tab. I was expecting a big coin or half a can at that depth, so that was impressive.
Dug a $2 at about 10" and it was a solid signal with a stable ID. Will report more when I get some more time in.

Looking forward to a good head to head comparison of the Legend and the Equinox in some really rotten mineralised soil now that it's actually out in the wild. I get the feeling there won't be much in it between them, but I'm always out to give the underdog a fair spin in these sort of things. I think I'll be picking up the Pro Pack when I've had enough of the E-TRAC.

Latest posts