latest Qld high bank regulations.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, as usual up in Nth Qld news travels a bit slower than else where. Can anyone verify the changes to the qld high bank sluicing regulation ,saying a sluice must be fed water from a hand held bucket .? Pleeease tell me its B/S.
Regards Elad

Elad said:
Hi everyone, as usual up in Nth Qld news travels a bit slower than else where. Can anyone verify the changes to the qld high bank sluicing regulation ,saying a sluice must be fed water from a hand held bucket .? Pleeease tell me its B/S.
Regards Elad
You can still use a sluice using creek flow mate.
You can also use a highbanker but water must be bucket feed other words nothing has changed for us here in QLD.

Can you gravity feed your creek water into your sleuce from water higher up in the creek, and just move your sluece over to the bank you want to work. Still no motor and just using creek flow and gravity ?

Thanks guys, try this for size .If I have a portable reservoir of water (filled with a garden hose) and I feed my sluice with a bucket from it, There is no mechanical input. I realize to have a garden hose nearby is a big ask, but I do actually have a spot I have been working where a tap is available. ???. what do you think.
regards Elad

Thanks Jethro, I wouldn't have thought it mattered, as long as I have authority to use it.
Cheers Elad

Authority to use it as you stated was what I was getting at. I sort of envisioned you just filling up from a random council owned tap.

Any type of pump contraption can be used as long as you don't change the course of the natural water flow and its hand or foot operated.

Regards Elad
Just watching the latest Aussie Gold Hunters there is a couple detecting in the Palmer river area and are using a petrol powered pump to run I highbanker?????? .. only on tv lol

They are apparently up there filming again?
I don't know exactly where they were on the station at that time.
To my knowledge, a land holder cannot give permission to use motorised fossicking equipment on his property.
It would have to be on a mining lease where it is included in the scope of works.
That's how I read it anyway??

Latest posts