Large Gold Nugget Found (Rumour?)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nearly forgot. I promised a weight for that nice looking nugget :)

1615955018_nug2.jpg

1615955276_nug3.jpg
]

This was rumoured to be the one..... :lol:

I am pretty sure they don't do it , but if I was ceo of a company about to release a $8000 dollar detector that will sell 1000s of units i would buy 50 $8000 nuggets and plant them around popular areas.
It would be good business, even if minelab took $50 from every detector sold they could freshen up a lot of gold fields in Australia, good for the hobby and good for business. Just coat some gram nuggets in clay and drop them from planes over Gold fields.

A-team said:
JD3 said:
There was a good find in Dunolly about a month ago of around 500 :p grams. Saw the picture and it was real so maybe that was it. Was found by a guy who had permission to go on private property though. Must admit it was a lovely mouthwatering bit. :p
Not me....but know the guy and he is a decent bloke so good on him.
Not a moonlighter of a fence jumper either. Honest find and get.

That's a fair call - and more likely scenario. Public access land in general gets a lot of traffic, as we all know - private land is "gold" (pun intended). You'd be hard pressed to find someone missing a 500g piece on public land - your detector would be singing a tune from 5 meters away! Respect the land owners, do the right thing, and sometimes you are rewarded for doing so???
Yeah. Before that one, another on private but not sure where it was. Know the guy but dont expect him to tell me where, showed me 13 ounces in several bits and again from private property. Hey it still comes out of the bush here n there like my bit, tiny compared :lol:. a while ago, but the majority of the real good finds I see are from private land with permission these days. Regardless of what one owns, the best days are gone. And anyone who has been around since the VLFs till now can honestly attest to that. Yeah some good patches get found on crown land here n there. But compared over the years it is nothing in comparison. Still worth a shot though. :Y:
But expect it in the same frequency as when I started? No way. Like the Castle "tell em they're dreamin"

Latest posts