Large Gold Nugget Found (Rumour?)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
heard a rumour about this large gold nugget found around the dunolly area just this week anyone know about it

Yeah that was me, but being a rumour I must clarify the facts.

1. It was Bung Bong not Dunolly
2. It was .020g - pretty big I thought
3. I found it on thrashed ground while testing the new 6000 for Minelab.

Was this the one you have heard about? :lol:

I hate rumours - but I do love facts. Remember those massive hand size nuggets found at Slaty creek a while ago. The facts followed with photos of a much smaller yet still decent find.

Hopefully we have a few Sherlock's to follow this up?

Swinging & digging said:
38.63 ounces, was found in 2014 but they are using it for GPX 6000 promotion. :eek:

Not surprised, a bit pissweak to be honest. If their fairdinkum why not put in the hard yards with today's technology and release a video from undug signal to reveal, it ain't that hard. If they had the guts to employ the above they'd clean up on sales :beer:

yellowmellow said:
heard a rumour about this large gold nugget found around the dunolly area just this week anyone know about it

Havn't heard anything, most decent finds go unreported.

Yep i found a large nugget .At least by my standards is Bendigo close enough to Donully to fuel the rumours

Yet to be named......

1615883717_nug.jpg

exact location still a secret.....

There was a good find in Dunolly about a month ago of around 500 :p grams. Saw the picture and it was real so maybe that was it. Was found by a guy who had permission to go on private property though. Must admit it was a lovely mouthwatering bit. :p
Not me....but know the guy and he is a decent bloke so good on him.
Not a moonlighter of a fence jumper either. Honest find and get.

JD3 said:
There was a good find in Dunolly about a month ago of around 500 :p grams. Saw the picture and it was real so maybe that was it. Was found by a guy who had permission to go on private property though. Must admit it was a lovely mouthwatering bit. :p
Not me....but know the guy and he is a decent bloke so good on him.
Not a moonlighter of a fence jumper either. Honest find and get.

That's a fair call - and more likely scenario. Public access land in general gets a lot of traffic, as we all know - private land is "gold" (pun intended). You'd be hard pressed to find someone missing a 500g piece on public land - your detector would be singing a tune from 5 meters away! Respect the land owners, do the right thing, and sometimes you are rewarded for doing so???

Latest posts