Knee Pads

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh that's not a half bad idea, I was thinking about keeping them for my little bro on the fishing trip though :) they're still good for beach fishing just not standing in the water all day. Might use some of the old heavy duty seat covers I ahve out in the shed for extra padding

Hi all, I just wanted to ask why have I not come across someone mentioning knee pads as part of their prospecting gear? I was on the creek from 10 till 330 and I'm telling you, knee pads made kneeling on bedrock filled with tiny stones a non issue! So simple, and it makes the experience so much more pleasurable. Anyway, it's prob old news, but I never hear people mention them. :pickshovel:

Yes. Knee pads are a must for me as well.

Any pants that have a spot for removable knee pads are good as the pads wear thin over time.

I generally dig targets from kneeling as it's saves the back after all day digging.

Don't go out, without them.

But yeah not much mentioned about them.

RS

I started with the external type tilers use but they were a pain, straps behind the knee, slipping around in all directions, rocks and sticks getting in behind them etc etc.

Moved to the trouser/ knee replaceables and they generally stay put.

RS

An absolute must for my old sparky knees and swinging the sdc I do spend a lot of time on my knees . Best ones Ive found I got from Aldi 4 years ago ,think I payed under 10 bucks for them .?Havnt seen them since . Mine are looking a bit shabby and would like to replace them if anyone knows where from .
1581295731_dd821ac5-04e9-479e-81c8-db246ba6fa16.jpg

Cheers Booney.

1581324237_imag07332.jpg

Mine are all soft, with soft stretchy material to slip leg through, (no straps) They weren't tight and didn't move around too much

Retirement Stone said:
Yes. Knee pads are a must for me as well.

Any pants that have a spot for removable knee pads are good as the pads wear thin over time.

I generally dig targets from kneeling as it's saves the back after all day digging.

Don't go out, without them.

But yeah not much mentioned about them.

RS
Hey RS - what a good idea - any more info on these?

I bought the Protector brand from Bunnings for about $19. They're light but have a decent hard plastic on the front. Have been good against the sharpest rocky ground.

I've used many the very best for detecting so far are "knee on" brand bought from Bunnings. They are made from a blue neoprene material (wetsuit) with hard black knee protection. The neoprene strap is at the bottom so there is no top strap that creates a lot of discomfort after several hours of wearing.
You can drop to your knees heavily onto sharp rocks, stick, spinifex, cactus none of it will you feel. 1st set lasted me for about 3 years & cost about $80 then they weren't available in Bunnings so I tried others again (up to $40) None matched or came close and only lasted 3 months at best.
Last time I looked in Bunnings they were back but price was only about $50 needless to say I bought some.
Final word you get what you pay for, the cheap ones are absolute garbage!

Latest posts