Knee Pads

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree,
Kato has blown through a number of knee pads, mainly because of the retention around the knee and
sometimes because they dont have a durable hard shell.
Her current ones are a Bunnings product by Cyclone, she loves the generous cushioning, wide strap on the upper with a latch system and the neoprene wide lower leg strap. The front is a hard plastic cup but a bit softer for grip with the tread. they are holding up well.
So they are easy to put on the upper leg, and then tension as you do up the lower leg.

I need some, I buy for her mostly because she is girl, I am a MAN !! (but getting girlie in my old age)

https://www.bunnings.com.au/cyclone-knee-pads_p0122526

I agree,
Kato has blown through a number of knee pads, mainly because of the retention around the knee and
sometimes because they dont have a durable hard shell.
Her current ones are a Bunnings product by Cyclone, she loves the generous cushioning, wide strap on the upper with a latch system and the neoprene wide lower leg strap. The front is a hard plastic cup but a bit softer for grip with the tread. they are holding up well.
So they are easy to put on the upper leg, and then tension as you do up the lower leg.

I need some, I buy for her mostly because she is girl, I am a MAN !! (but getting girlie in my old age)

https://www.bunnings.com.au/cyclone-knee-pads_p0122526
Yup I tried those, they are probably the best of the not so good ones. I cut the top strap off completely, the padding squashes and had to glue more padding over the top.
Cyclone I give a 5/10
Knee on I give a 9/10 would have given a 10/10 bar the stitching pulls after a while, but a dab of superglue stops the problem.

Yup I tried those, they are probably the best of the not so good ones. I cut the top strap off completely, the padding squashes and had to glue more padding over the top.
Cyclone I give a 5/10
Knee on I give a 9/10 would have given a 10/10 bar the stitching pulls after a while, but a dab of superglue stops the problem.
You may hammer them more than Kato, on rougher ground and much more often and so they show their faults.
I used Kato's yesterday, and have to say I was also happy with them, in fact was comfy in them, it surprised me.
But I will look into the Knee On because like I said, she does wear them all out, so no harm looking ahead for better tools.

Just searched Bunnings for the Knee On brand, no show. anywhere else or a link please?

You may hammer them more than Kato, on rougher ground and much more often and so they show their faults.
I used Kato's yesterday, and have to say I was also happy with them, in fact was comfy in them, it surprised me.
But I will look into the Knee On because like I said, she does wear them all out, so no harm looking ahead for better tools.

Just searched Bunnings for the Knee On brand, no show. anywhere else or a link please?
https://www.bunzlsafety.com.au/knee-on-knee-protectors-2-straps-blue---black-lkpn

I bought a new set a couple of months ago from bunnings. Used them for the first time today. They are the best for sure! Go into a store and ask, they definitely sell them.

Was in a Bunnings on Sunday, did not see them, but it was not a big warehouse facility, Kato's pad popped a rivet that day, still under warranty, will try those if we find them.
The pad died for a good cause, so not all bad.

That is true, but boots have metal eyelets in them usually, and metal sole plates for protection and support.
Jeans have studs and zippers, belts have buckles.
One would be pretty hard core to make the effort to get rid of all that stuff.

LOL, I will know you when I spot some one barefoot and naked wandering the bush with a detector and a bit of wood for a pick.

A bit of fun read - https://docsdetecting.com/metal-detecting-naked/

That will make two of us, wandering the bush naked, swing a detector.....

That is true, but boots have metal eyelets in them usually, and metal sole plates for protection and support.
Jeans have studs and zippers, belts have buckles.
One would be pretty hard core to make the effort to get rid of all that stuff.

LOL, I will know you when I spot some one barefoot and naked wandering the bush with a detector and a bit of wood for a pick.

A bit of fun read - https://docsdetecting.com/metal-detecting-naked/

That will make two of us, wandering the bush naked, swing a detector.....
I can't see me walking naked through the bush as my undies don't have any metal in them, but I'll have to remove the prince Albert 😂

I'm very conscious of any metal on me I wear "Oliver" non-metallic boots (zero metal) and snake gaiters are non-metallic as are the knee pads. Sure zip on trousers is metal but that's nothing compared to the pick in my belt holder, have perfected swing so as not to interfere. Those metal eyelets on your boots - well - you're obviously not swinging a 7000 or you'd be getting a target every pass I suspect a 6000 would be a problem too.

You are so right, have been swinging an ACE 250, now a NOX that I have zip skills with.. another 50+hours I think will help.
Luckily I don't have the "Prince Albert" problem to contend with, the gravel rash is bad enough. 😂

I really have not considered small metal parts before, and when I started with the NOX, my work boots were pinging with each step
and it did make me aware. So I am interested in how to minimize that sort of interference in the future.
I will have a look at the Oliver boots too for both Kato and myself, she has steel toecaps and with her CTX I'm thinking that will hamper the machine performance. Especially after reading that article.

Any other suggestions ?

You are so right, have been swinging an ACE 250, now a NOX that I have zip skills with.. another 50+hours I think will help.
Luckily I don't have the "Prince Albert" problem to contend with, the gravel rash is bad enough. 😂

I really have not considered small metal parts before, and when I started with the NOX, my work boots were pinging with each step
and it did make me aware. So I am interested in how to minimize that sort of interference in the future.
I will have a look at the Oliver boots too for both Kato and myself, she has steel toecaps and with her CTX I'm thinking that will hamper the machine performance. Especially after reading that article.

Any other suggestions ?
Get the Oliver boots with the laces and zip & the extra boot protective toe so you can kick rocks out of the ground all day without wearing through the leather to the composite toe protection.
Search model No 45645z get the black ones as they don't absorb water like the others
The 1/2 sizes are for wider feet but same length as whole number size so if you're donning flippers go with them 🤣
They're very comfortable too.

"Any other suggestions " yes, now you have the best boots
Upgrade (for gold) to the best machines - GPX6000 as a minimum 🤑👍

If it's parks and beaches you're focusing on the NOX is awesome! A GPX6000 or GPZ 7000 are absolute rubbish for this activity, so use the NOX!
Cheers 🍻

I wear Yakka pants when detecting. They have pockets on each knee to insert padding. I bought a neoprene ipad case from the op shop for $1 and cut it to fit the pockets. That way I don't have to bother with straps etc. 👍
Just keep sewing patches on the knees 👌
I have a pair with those pockets I thought "what knee pads would fit in there now I pad know!

Latest posts