karratha gold and geo maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
Guys I need some help on reading a geo map for the Karratha area. I know in the gold fields of WA near Kalgoorlie area that CZL ground is good but what am I looking for in the Karratha area? I have not been able to locate any CZL ground in that area. Any pointer would be usefull.

Hellow Shaker i to live in Esperance and travell every year during winter to the pilbarra and find gold as its easier than trying the goldfields areas, even though i do like menzies and visit there a few times every year.
I use and recomemnd trilobite for up there and swear by google earth , having lived in port hedland for most of the 60s,70s and 80s i got to see some spectacular gold finds in those years, most gold i get and have seen got has been near conglomerate ridges where this time of rock foamation is degrading and mostly down hill onto aluvial flats which there is lots of, there has even been old timers finding gold on the mudflats just out of karratha, over the last few years since retiring we have had some very good finds north of Roebourne and have had the permision of the station owners and also the exploration companys that hold these leases to camp and detect with good results, look on google earth for low degraded hills with exposed ridges (lighter colour) with pale flats in front of facing nth/sth, any large dark hills are part of the fortescue formations and they are mostly iron ore and not what you want, would be good to someday swap yars and a beer or three aye, good luck on looking up there aye.

Latest posts