Just bought a QED pl2

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday everyone so I recently purchased a QED PL2 for $1600

Its been upgraded to pl3 specs

First time using this machine after selling my gold monster 1000

What is the minelab equivalent to these

Will they find small gold? How small?

It comes with the 8x6 Sadie coil are these any good?

1610879623_431b955f-4feb-4a47-96ca-286769023ddb.jpg

1610879623_d312cada-f7e7-4d1f-9893-d6a47d5fe9a7.jpg

Good luck with that ......

Suggest you contact Reg Wilson, he seems to be the QED expert.

You might need a few more posts (10 ?) to be able to private message members so get busy with the fingers.

1610881239_b39d90c9-9e24-41ce-9f80-0e678bb7d007_1_201_a.jpg

Alternatively just search through the entries in this QED Form.

There really is no Minelab equivalent ....
Some people will tell you it finds gold others can't find ...
Probably not as small as what the GM finds ......
Yes the Sadie is an excellent coil for small gold on a good detector, not sure how it works with the QED.

Good to see all the QED fans jump in and help you out ..... the silence is deafening.

Good luck, in all seriousness those that learn to master the machine seem to swear by it.

Typical nobody ever helps out when it comes to gold Ill do things like I always do by myself

The QED will find as much small gold as an sdc.
But, you will need to tune it more regularly, particularly in varying ground. It has some cool features. The Sadie coil will be great on it and I have heard that the x coils go well to. Upgraded to pl3 it will have the auto ground balance.
Check out the you tube vids, and get out and play with it, you should work it out in the bush.

Puddles, check out the Facebook QED owners group. You should find help there. You have bought a very good detector and I hope you get help with understanding it.

A quick search around Google backs this being a decent piece of equipment. It appears they have found their niche in the market with price/performance etc...

As per Teemore

Good luck, in all seriousness those that learn to master the machine seem to swear by it.

...its all about learning and understanding you machine and it's abilities.

It WILL find gold, and shotgun pellets, and rusty nails etc....
The Sadie is "superb".
There is NO Minelab equivalent, can't compare apples with oranges, other than they are both fruit (metal detectors).

With quotes like;

For those sick of swinging heavy Pulse Induction detectors or detectors that require you to have cords dangling everywhere the QED is for you, for those who want a very competitive Pulse Induction detector for a very reasonable price the QED is for you. Im glad I purchased it.

and...

I saved the best for last, the QED is manufactured by a person, a real person... somebody you can contact and talk to about it. He'll answer your questions and give you advice, he'll help you out, you're treated as a valued customer and for me this is one of the most important things.

This obviously is a much loved detector that will suit some, but not others. As a fist PI machine, I think you are on a winner! Enjoy Puddles..... ;)

I suggest doing a training day with Brian Skinn it really helped me out when I got mine. He can be found under goldman detecting services or on the QED facebook page.

What is the minelab equivalent to these: it compares well to my GP 3500 and GPX 4000

Will they find small gold? (Yes) How small?: My smallest bit found with the QED is 0.193g with the 9" elite coil.

Latest posts