Jack Lange detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, I have been getting some alluvial in the wombat state forest in and around some old time mines.... I would like to have a hunt for some relics around the same area and possibly some nugs in the gt. just wondering if this would be identical to the special and has anyone had any experience with this model, Good or bad. This one is ALOT cheaper... Tia!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121671640624

Hey I was woundering out of the gold snoop pro and the jacke Lange special which one you would recommend

Hi Flash
Mate please pay attention to the comment I made about the Snoop in my reply to your other post I believe these detectors commissioned by Jack Lange are made to relieve folks like you of their hard earned cash, the special may be okay???? but you don't hear much about them. They ARE NOT specialty "Gold" detectors!!!!!!
Save your coin or invest in a coin unit that will get you out detecting & find you some coin/money so you can get a Gold unit.

cheers
I hope this helps
Lee

hay flash totaly agree with rcb gold sn is a total rip if you want to find coins start with a bh tracker4 its cheep and finds the goods then when you get a bit of experience you can upgrade cheers

Flash_crusoe1 said:
Then what would you say about the fisher gold bug

Now your getting closer to the real thing, I have a "Gold Bug Pro" not great in mineralised conditions but it will find gold check this,
http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t22112-narrawa-inspired-finds

But it is a fair jump in $$$ I would also have a good look at the Nokta Racer, search here for posts on this one by Narrawa he does not sugar coat his reports.

What sort of budget are you looking at & if you are interested in finding "Gold" how often are you able to get out looking?? all these things need to be considered in your research.
good luck
Lee

FORGET THE JACK LANG SPECIAL, you can get the same detector on ebay for $70-80. its ok for coins, can discriminate ok for gold coins though you will get heaps of bottle caps. I got mine to see if i liked the hobby, now i have an AT Gold, when i find enough coins and a few nuggets to cover at least half of what i paid for it then i will be cobsidering a PI machine. I do however live in northern nsw and find the machine balances ok. If i plan a trip to NQ i will most likely hire a PI, you can one for about 200 a wk.

Ben78 said:
Hold the pinpoint button and pump the coil whilst turning the ground balance knob. Twiddle the knob until the detector doesn't sound off when pumping the coil.

The Gold Century GC1038 is not sensitive enough for ground balance to matter a great deal though so don't stress about it too much.

Hi,
As Ben78 says, for the GC1038, hold the pinpoint button down while turning the ground balance knob till it just goes silent.....that's it.....I have used it in the water, on wet sand without any problem, goes easily down to 8 inches, with out resetting,....recently found heaps on my local beaches......just tested in in the air with a small piece of gold....it picked it up at 3 inches from the coil.....someone mentioned on the forum, if a cheap detecter can do what this detecter does, why are we paying heaps for the high end detecters,...good question.

Hey can anybody tell me what detector this is and what they are like? For sale atm for 75 bucks.
1455874168_fb_img_1455873969718-320x180.jpg
Thanks Andy.

Latest posts