Jack Lange detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anaconda have MinLab X- terra 705 Gold Pack reduced to $637.49 today only. Great price. Are they a good gold fossicking machine?

Hi Guys,
I know this is an old subject.....Jack Lange Gold Detecters, but I just had to say I have used the (Gold) cheap machine of Jack Lange.....and have found it to be amazing.....easy to set up.....easy to ground balance, I use it a lot on discrimination....just enough to exclude some bottle tops and ring pulls.....and it still rings out on gold and silver rings, $2 and $1 dollar coins, and all the rest of the coins.....yes, I have found gold and silver rings.....3 gold and 4 silver...also stainless steel rings on all metal setting.....I have used it on wet sand and in the water, without unwanted noises.....I also use the Minelab 305, a good detecter, found plenty....but I still go back to the Jack Lange.....because it's much lighter on the arms.....but still well built.
I have yet to try it on the Gold fields, but I am sure it would perform pretty good, so my advice to anyone with this cheap machine is persevere, remember, even the expensive machines won't find gold rings unless you are right over the top of them

Hi Mike, i agree with your last paragraph. Horses for courses.
I have a few cheapies and then i have the F1A4M2 from Jack Lange and have been happy with the way has performed so far.
Great fun using them all.
Jaros :p

Iv got a few mates that have the GOLD detector of Jack's and surprising enough it does work reasonably well even in crap ground I have had ago of my mate Eddy's and will be catching up with him on the weekend.

A reasonable price for something that works'

A great metal detector for the beginner - brought to you by Jack Lange. Similar to the Gold Snoop Pro except for the digital screen.

Although our experience is with gems, we've had enquiry from many customers about gold detectors. We are happy to introduce the Jack Lange range of detectors at a very affordable price.

See his website for more information on this great little detector - the Treasure Snoop.
Pluses: It ignores very noisy soils and sands that make even expensive detectors beep and mutter when there is no metal target! So it can be used on any goldfields at full sensitivity and at 75% sensitivity on the wet salty beach sand, making no beeps until it passes over a metal target! Note that only the coil is water resistant.

Very light-weight - an ideal unit for the novice or children
Low frequency VLF for stability searching for coins, relics and jewellery.6.7 kHz operation.
Three position search selection for discriminate/all metal pinpointing/hi-lo tone discriminate. Full single range discrimination and sensitivity knobs.
A low 1.2 kg total weight including solid 8 inch coil.
Operates on only 2 x 9V batteries (included). Low battery alert built in.
Simple operation and digital target response meter.
Highly audible loudspeaker with 3.5mm headphone jack
NOTE ON SHIPPING:This item cannot be sent by Express Post (too large). Please select from Registered Post or Courier at the checkout.

Box Dimensions: 72 x 24 x 14 cm.

Hey lucky who do you work for.you say you sell these machines what is your buisness name? Do you sell other detectors as well.very interesting.are you one of jacks wholesalers?

No worries LS, in future it may pay just to post up a link to the info source vs cutting and pasting the info - just to save any confusion.

I bought two of the GOLD type detectors off ebay @ $115 each for the kids, they work pretty good. Easy to ground balance and the discrimination works great, they wont pick up small gold but are fine for chasing coins at a few inches even in reasonably hot ground.

Dazza

dazza513 said:
I bought two of the GOLD type detectors off ebay @ $115 each for the kids, they work pretty good. Easy to ground balance and the discrimination works great, they wont pick up small gold but are fine for chasing coins at a few inches even in reasonably hot ground.

Dazza

How do you GB the GOLD machine ? I just bought two and there are no instructions for that :rolleyes:

Hold the pinpoint button and pump the coil whilst turning the ground balance knob. Twiddle the knob until the detector doesn't sound off when pumping the coil.

The Gold Century GC1038 is not sensitive enough for ground balance to matter a great deal though so don't stress about it too much.

Hi new member here from Tamworth NSW,just unpacked my Jack Lange F1A4 level 3. Had it in the front yrd. picked up a$2 coin I laid on the grass loud &clear. Cant wait to get to a gold area. If someone has any pointers as to tuning them I would appreciate. Thankyou John

K man Its got a lithium ion battery, plus the electronics have been upgraded . That's all I know,its supposed to be an improvement on the 2 &go deeper on small &large nuggets &handle hot soils.

I purchased one the other day after reading heaps of positive reviews, I am only new and have spent the last few weeks reading and learning what I could. I wanted to buy a 705 gold pack or something along those lines but the other half was a bit hesitant that I would lose interest. I live about an hour from Charters Towers and gave it a run over some land at Youngs Block but only found horse shoes and the like. I did find a micro sized piece of iron that was from an old nail about a foot down under ironstone and quartz. I had no issues with the sensitivity on full. I was only there for a couple of hours and had a ball. I just hope I have not wasted my money on a machine that won't find any gold. I a, heading out this weekend again and will update.

Latest posts