Is there something wrong with my GPX6000?

WalnLiz

Wal nLiz
Reaction score
Thanks Dickie, but I already handed it in to my dealer today. It's being sent to Adelaide for testing. My dealer passed on this thread to the Minelab guy who test them, so hopefully I'll get a replacement. It doesn't play up until it's been used for a while, but I think the videos I made are pretty convincing that it's sick.
Yep... from the sounds in the video I'm sure it caught COVID somewhere down the track. 😢

Reaction score
If they know what is causing the problem and repaired the problem may not reoccur. If it's swapped you may get the problem back again at some stage.
I hope by now they know what is causing the 6000 problems, there are probably plenty out there that we don't hear about.

I would like to know before pulling the trigger on one. Just saying. Cheers.
Hello Peter. I got the machine back yesterday, used it today and all is well again. On the service report, Minelab just wrote the defect was ‘intermittent noisy connection’ and they replaced the control box.

I hope I haven’t turned you off too much by it. I’m a newbie and found gold with it the first day I bought it, and I couldn’t wait to get back into it again. If you do decide on getting one though, I would highly recommend that you buy from a reputable store. I say this because my experience with the place I purchased it from was far from pleasant. Whilst nothing was said directly, I received a bunch of ‘clever’ comments suggesting that I got the machine too wet. After the 4th of 5th comment, I politely explained that whilst I had used it on wet ground, I haven’t been out using it in the rain every day. When I said this, the store owner just kept staring at the computer and ignored me. Not fun and lesson learnt -- In the future I will only make purchases from a store that solely sells mining equipment. Of course this is no guarantee of avoiding passive aggressive rubbish, but I think there’s a higher chance of better service if things go awry with the machine.

As others have stated on here, Minelab were very good and sent the machine back via express with zero delay.

Pro-oz

Peter
Reaction score
Hi davo85, I bet your pleased to get it back, that was pretty quick turn around even with your place of purchase not being real pleasant about it.
No I haven't been turned off the machine, I have seen how they can work when running well, and know of others having faults mainly with 11" mono. Minelab have looked after them well.
Looking at the Axiom as well but will probably go with the devil I know and that's Minelab.

Not buying until start of season next year, so plenty of time for faulty coils and control box's to settle down.
Thank you for letting us all know the outcome.
Cheers
Peter