Introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Harry and I'm fourteen years old. I have taken a love to fossicking the last year and am looking forward to talking and meeting people that share the same hobby as I do. I live in far north NSW around Byron bay area and am always open for tips and advice. I have been gold panning for a while and my biggest take so far is 0.6 grams near Drake. Looking forward to be part of prospecting Australia.

Welcome to the Forum Harry. PA should certainly help you with the research necessary to give you greater success.

Welcome. Always getting out around Drake myself. It's a fun area to figure out, pretty heavily worked but there's always something to keep you interested.

I must say I am very happy to see a younger person taking interest in natural history when most seem no more interested than spending all their time playing computer games or social media.
An interest such as fossicking will give you a lifelong passion for this country, its landforms, geology and an interest in travel and meeting others through the length and breadth of this fabulous country.
Harry, keep this as a hobby for now and finish your studies. Establish your life and you will always still have something to interest you for the rest of your long life.

Latest posts