Introduction FNQ

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Decided to bite the bullet and get into gold prospecting and fossicking. Bought a Gold Monster 1000 and in the process of buying a second detector. Mainly in it for the outdoor enjoyment but the wife and I are keen to spend time learning everything we can. Living in the Gordonvale QLD area and interested in meeting others or joining a club inthe Cairns region.

Welcome to PQA wayneperry.
I reckonthe cattle stations around Forsayth are the best. Try Western Creek (Shirley and Geoff) for $15 per night. There are others like Long Gully and Dells Hole etc.

Sorry Guys, I have been so busy with training and shite!

OK, here is some info from LAST YEARS Palmerville station stuff...

Prolly pertainent info to lots of other threads about up here too?
Apparently the info has changed and new info will come out shortly..

All new to me!!
We have let a few good folks onto our leases but didn't know about this!

Let it be noted, that you are NOT PERMITTED to fossick, prospect, detect on the R16...
Those of us that hold leases on the R16 are fighting hard to keep them with ever increasing hurdles and compliances to jump.

Also, it has been advised the the Mines Department and the Queensland Police Service will have 'EXTRA' (??) presence over the Easter period in the Palmer River region due to information gathered?? (what that means, I have NFI?)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/4105/1616061280_palmerville_station_-_landowner_s_consent_to_fossicking_v2.pdf

1616063304_palmerville_fossiking.jpg

Welcome Waynerperry,

Im in Cairns also, lots of great information on this site and all the FNQ locals up here on the forum have been bloody friendly and generous in sharing advice.

Good luck out in the fields and hope you and your wife find a bit of colour.

Feel free to flick me an email once you get 10 posts up. I have made a couple of awesome fishing mates while in Cairns but am yet to find a crew up here to go detecting with and talk gold while the billy boils.

Regards

Gavin