Im new to prospecting from singleton

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Im very new to prospecting Im located in singleton Im looking to find some like minded people to learn from. I have been up nundle in the peel river and did find a little gold there but Im research on a old gold mine at Jerrys planes if anyone can help or knows of the old gold mine at Jerrys planes.

If you research Ogilvie's Hillyou'll find some info on Trove etc.
There was specimen gold found, some gold bearing reefs & a shaft sunk but I don't believe it was ever in a quantity good enough to be commercially viable as a mine.
There was also small quantities of gold found in the Hunter River (I assume nearby to Ogilvie's Hillwhich led to the reef discovery?).
There is now a TSR (Travelling Stock Reserve) on the highway called Ogilvie's HillTSR but I'm not sure if this is the site of the finds & shaft? To do some fossicking/prospecting there you would need to get onto the nearest branch of Local Land Services for permission.
Unless you find a coal outcrop there I don't think you'll worry the EL holders (all coal exploration).

Latest posts