If WalnLiz wrote a book I'd buy it...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Wal and Liz wrote a book, I would buy it. :)

Might be on the cards Rick. ;) ...getting to the pointy end of my fossicking career now and many of my friends are pestering me for my research notes and folders. Have thousands of GPS coordinates from around The Australian Gold and Gem Fields,... personally compiled mud maps, dozens of research folders,... pics from the late 60's to now,... major geological history of nearly every gold field in OZ,... tracks within goldfields that many would not try to access,... notes on my favourite fields,... best camping spots on most WA goldfields, where camping on the gold is favoured,... detector advice and settings,... safety advice and first aid.

I guess you can't take the info with you to the pearly gates, and if it can help the younger generation of fossickers then the time involved in compiling it into a book would be worth while. Already started compiling much of the information into a format where it can be transferred into a paperback so hopefully it will come to fruition.☺️. You can have the first copy Rick. ;)

Last edited:
Might be on the cards Rick. ;) ...getting to the pointy end of my fossicking career now and many of my friends are pestering me for my research notes and folders. Have thousands of GPS coordinates from around The Australian Gold and Gem Fields,... personally compiled mud maps, dozens of research folders,... pics from the late 60's to now,... major geological history of nearly every gold field in OZ,... tracks within goldfields that many would not try to access,... notes on my favourite fields,... best camping spots on most WA goldfields, where camping on the gold is favoured,... detector advice and settings,... safety advice and first aide.

I guess you can't take the info with you to the pearly gates, and if it can help the younger generation of fossickers then the time involved in compiling it into a book would be worth while. Already started compiling much of the information into a format where it can be transferred into a paperback so hopefully it will come to fruition.☺️. You can have the first copy Rick. ;)
Wow, that would be priceless mate. Seriously. Maybe even make some limited editions. I would be extremely honoured to buy one, let alone get the FIRST copy. (Would have to be signed by you too)
I too have started a small book on my adventures and finds. It would not even be close to a concise book, but just something I was leaving for the kids. And whoever would care to read it.

But seriously, your video's alone have helped me out so much in the past and still continue to do so.

:)

Oh and what happened to the Doug Stone MAPS for Queensland? I had heard a rumour they were going to make one but then again, the recording of gold activities in Queensland's history was pretty ordinary compared to some of the other states.

Might be on the cards Rick. ;) ...getting to the pointy end of my fossicking career now and many of my friends are pestering me for my research notes and folders. Have thousands of GPS coordinates from around The Australian Gold and Gem Fields,... personally compiled mud maps, dozens of research folders,... pics from the late 60's to now,... major geological history of nearly every gold field in OZ,... tracks within goldfields that many would not try to access,... notes on my favourite fields,... best camping spots on most WA goldfields, where camping on the gold is favoured,... detector advice and settings,... safety advice and first aid.

I would totally buy the book as a novice myself and need to absorb as much of the correct information I can find

Personally, I think a number one seller would be a book by WalnLiz in collaboration with Goldierocks. Now that would be a book i would want. Mackka
Actually a series of hard backed (and soft cover as well) books would be ideal. . . big enough for the info. Small enough to fit into ones pocket and have in the 4WD when on the road and camping... And, I can assure you they would become a collectors item quite quickly if well done... And that series would logically end with a larger volume . . .
For books that are intended to be carried OUT IN THE FIELD, ideally need to be small, waterproof, light, informative, concise (not like my writing that wanders like a large meandering river over a vast plain, but I can be concise...lol... )...
I have several books with Waterproof paper that Surveyors use, and I think (not sure on this) it comes with the paper treated with borax or something or other...
A series of books has the advantage of a relatively low cost to produce and buy, can be an eBook, can cover a varied series of subjects ABOUT the many varied aspects of whatever... and as an eBook can be edited until one feels to publish in a hard copy... (I do not buy eBooks, nor read them but many do)…
Wal writes well.
A book that is so bloody big that one needs a gym membership to read it, sucks... {one of my hobbies is reading, collecting, and repairing books books and more books... (so familiarity breeds contempt... a little ie..).}
Yet, a series of books that cover many of the aspects of human life as a prospector, not only the technical stuff (some of which changes over time, gear, coils n whatnot, yet some gear has hardly changed in 100s of yrs)… but also the history of the many and varied interesting histories of personalities, places and time-lines...
I would buy them for sure...
Anyhow... just a thought...

Yep. I'd like to be on such a list to buy as well. Mind, although I love a book with real pages etc, a digital book might be easier???