Identification Badge Found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day there.
Awhile back I found this old badge.
Can anyone help in finding out more information on this or who the person may have been please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220328-163752_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-163752_Photos.jpg
    758.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220328-163802_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-163802_Photos.jpg
    864.3 KB · Views: 2
G'day there.
Awhile back I found this old badge.
Can anyone help in finding out more information on this or who the person may have been please?
Just a guess, it may be an annual railway pass to travel between Carramar and Sydney as a second class passenger with a reserved seat at 1A

Wow. Thank you i wasn't sure what they were. Ok I will have to look it up.
Thank you so Very much for your time

Actually it says Carramar And Sydney.
I'm still not sure. Even after trying to look it up?
Any Idea's?

Hi. I am unable to find any information about this online.
Can anyone help with this please?

I gotta agree with grubstake, but the SWG is actually NSWGR (New South Wales Govt. Railways) with the first and last letters ”clipped” off the ticket. There’s also another clipping done on the right hand side of your badge too. I suspect the clippings were done to activate and / or annul this ticket.

Last edited:
Ok thank you for your response. It also looks like the word SYDNEY has been added/stamped later as if a destination.
May i ask if this was a common item?
There does not seem to be any information online about this item.. ?

I’d suggest going to the Transport Heritage NSW website. THNSW seems to be a large, professionally run group focussed on more than just trains (as opposed to the Rail Museum). Lots of train buffs there who could probably tell you intimate details of what you have. As an ex-railway worker myself, trust me, there are lots of boffins who get excited about this stuff and can probably tell you a mass of detail on your find. You could even consider donating it to them…

Latest posts