I new to gold prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everryone I am Mark nick name fjsmurfy I am and some of my mates are looking to start up looking for gold. for the first time in western Australia regions.
would love to have some advice from all of you. I am retired from been a chef 5 years ago worked for the oil and gas ships for 14 years before that. but in my younger days did work for mining exploration as a geo assistant/cook with number of companies so always been interested looking for rocks amd minerials look forward have these chats.

Do you know what type of gold prospecting/fossicking methods you want to use to find gold? There's a lot of really good threads on here about gold detectors, sluice boxes, highbanking, panning, dry blowing there are a myriad of different ways that you can find gold and being new to the scene myself I'll tell you what's been most helpful to me. Found out the type of gold that is being found in the area/s in which I want to concentrate my efforts, check states laws as to what types of restrictions there are on prospecting methods (eg. Use of a highbanker is fine in Victoria but not in NSW and a few other states, same with dredging) you'll find plenty of info on here and ask questions as many as you want about anything you would like to know. There's no such thing as a stupid question when you're learning about a subject as complex and multifaceted as this gold finding bizzo! The search bar on this site can turn up some amazing posts from the past and there's a lot of people who will be willing to share their knowledge of many subjects with you. The best of luck to ya fjsmurfy!