House for sale - Northeast Victoria.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Evening all.

Our house has been on the market for about a month and unfortunately it was contracted and that fell through. So we are back to the drawing board.

It is on a town sized block but in a rural area about 5 k's from Myrtleford.

Nice surrounds, 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house with good to large bedrooms, a good sized shed, a carport and another small tool shed.

We are simply moving in to town as we are just on the road all the time with the kids in and out to sport, school and work.

Looking for under $350,000.

It is listed with an agent and on the net, etc but not keen to put the link, photos and the address of my house on here.

If you are genuinely interested please PM and I'll shoot you the link.

By the way, approx 95% of my gold pics that you will find sporadically through here over the past 4 years have all been found within 5 minutes drive of home. Detecting and panning/alluvial opportunities for gold are very close by. And also relic opportunities in the Ovens, Buckland and Indigo valleys with their extensive gold mining history.

Beautiful part of the world with fishing (cod, trout cod, trout, Redfin, yellow belly), snow skiing, boating, bushwalking, rail trails, down hill MTB opportunities abounding. 15 mins to Beechworth, 25 mins to Bright, 30 mins to Wangaratta.

Looks like a nice weekend to go for a drive and find your new home (or holiday home??) ;)

Cheers, NE.

Bright is a beutiful area , your not selling a house its a lifestyle opportunity!! snow covered mountains on one side and gold salted ground on the other 3.
The road to Wang is a easy scienic trip and the road to beechworth is a great curvy gold rubber necking trip also.
If someone was into gold and snow that would be prime possom of places to be.

Haha yeah nah, bought another farm joining us a couple of months ago , everyone collects something and im collecting dirt lol.
Your area is as nice as it gets imo , hows the employment opportunities? Do most people travel to wang or is there work close by ?
I think your underselling how nice of a spot it is to be honest.

I suppose I am not being too over the top with the area description as most Victorians have spent some time in the Bright/Beechworth area at some time or another.

But, I have travelled to a lot of beautiful places in Australia and there are spots around here that would equal many of them.

A day trip up to Mount Buffalo for a look at the Chalet, the view from the gorge and during the winter a bit of a toboggan around Dingo Dell - all within 45 minutes from home - awesome. I had a mate come up here for a weekend and we took him up to Buffalo. He grew up in Darwin and now lives near Melbourne. Half way up he says "I've never been up a mountain before". To be honest I didn't really know what he meant. But, growing up around Darwin there were genuinely no 'big mountains'.
Well, he had the best day with low level cloud filling the valley looking down to the Buckland and then big storm clouds brewing and it smashed with rain as people were abseiling off the side of the gorge. And the hang gliding take off ramp straight out over the gorge - simply didn't believe us that people really did that :lol:

If I have to live in Victoria, I wouldn't live anywhere else :Y:

Yep, should be all good GR.

We are lucky in that we actually like where we live and we dont have to sell in a hurry or at all.

Convenience and a possible extra job opportunity (for the kids mainly) are the only reasons to be shifting.

AF - you asked about jobs. If you are in the health field - Dr, nurse, physio, OT, speechie, PCA, administration - there are innumerable jobs available.

There is the timber mill in Myrtleford.

There are a fair few builders, sparkies, plumbers, etc and they are all fairly busy at the moment. The residential building has been pretty big around here for some real high end houses. Lots of retirement money going into Bright and Myrtleford with people looking for their tree change.

And then there is the hospitality trade that caters for the snow season, the summer season, the ridiculous autumn leaf season and then the slightly quieter spring season. Would have to be one of the most reliable tourist areas in the state. Lots of areas along the Murray get quiet in the winter but we just get busier!

Then there is the shires, catchment management, a massively and rapidly expanding hops industry, the pine planting/management/cutting/transporting industry, road works, etc.

I would say that if you want to work then you would have a decent chance at a job around here.

Northeast said:
Yep, should be all good GR.

We are lucky in that we actually like where we live and we dont have to sell in a hurry or at all.

Convenience and a possible extra job opportunity (for the kids mainly) are the only reasons to be shifting.

AF - you asked about jobs. If you are in the health field - Dr, nurse, physio, OT, speechie, PCA, administration - there are innumerable jobs available.

There is the timber mill in Myrtleford.

There are a fair few builders, sparkies, plumbers, etc and they are all fairly busy at the moment. The residential building has been pretty big around here for some real high end houses. Lots of retirement money going into Bright and Myrtleford with people looking for their tree change.

And then there is the hospitality trade that caters for the snow season, the summer season, the ridiculous autumn leaf season and then the slightly quieter spring season. Would have to be one of the most reliable tourist areas in the state. Lots of areas along the Murray get quiet in the winter but we just get busier!

Then there is the shires, catchment management, a massively and rapidly expanding hops industry, the pine planting/management/cutting/transporting industry, road works, etc.

I would say that if you want to work then you would have a decent chance at a job around here.

Thems there Golden Hills :sunny: :rainbow: :party: :gemstone: :goldnugget: :goldpan: :pickshovel: sure is a beautiful place.

Thanks AF. And we have bought a new place but that is a long term play and didn't feel like we payed too much there anyway.

And locked in 2.29% for 3 years on a home loan! Currently lower than the variable. Anyone who is thinking of locking in I would suggest talking to whoever you talk to about that stuff. I know variable rates will likely go lower but they simply cannot go much lower. However, they could go a hell of a lot higher :8

Status
Not open for further replies.