Hopefully i got a bargain - SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capertee gold

Works over rated
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well been thinking of upgrading from the the old GP extreme for a while now
So thought I might get me a sdc2300 and see if I can find the small stuff instead of find nothing alot of the time
So been hunting around for a good second hand one for sale even though most selling them aren't far off brand new price anyway.
Wasn't in a hurry and if I had to I'll just go buy a new one ,but as I'm of to nundle for a wedding next weekend I upped the search,
Google eBay and ,Facebook market place got a hounding every day over the last two weeks .
Then bam one cam up not far from me at cash converters Bondi junction, so it to u gut about it for a couple of days ,and last Thursday i thought I'll call in on the way home from work and have a look ,
Well I walk into to the shop and was asked by a salesman if he could help me with something,
And as I was about to say I was interested in the second hand SDC 2300 they had,and at the same time one of their other salesmen walked out of the back room with it in he's hand .
So I said that's what I'm here to to look at The SDC , and he said oh your the guy that rang me 10mins ago and said your coming in to view it .
I said no but I'm the guy that's going to buy it right know,
So they wrote it up gave me 3 months return warranty, and I walked out the door with it with one set of batteries and a SDC bag and a machine in pretty good condition bar a few scrap marks on the skid plate all for $2499
And not a bad smile on my face knowing sometimes your in the right place at the right time by pure luck 😁😁😁

Attachments

• 16521497513477475363294849673538.jpg
    16521497513477475363294849673538.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Hi Capertee,

Good buying 👍

Worth checking out the serial number with Minelab, although you would like to think the store did that.

And get out in the bush, check it turns on, is nice and quiet, not knock sensitive, all that sort of stuff whilst the store warranty is in play. All Minelab warranty gone I suppose? Did it come with original purchase docket from where it was bought?

Cheers, NE.

Hi Capertee,

Good buying 👍

Worth checking out the serial number with Minelab, although you would like to think the store did that.

And get out in the bush, check it turns on, is nice and quiet, not knock sensitive, all that sort of stuff whilst the store warranty is in play. All Minelab warranty gone I suppose? Did it come with original purchase docket from where it was bought?

Cheers, NE.
Yeah they said they checked it all before buying it off the bloke

Yeah they said they checked it all before buying it off the bloke
Have a look at the Minelab site and check the serial number yourself, don't believe everything someone from cash converters tells you. It only takes a few minutes. (due diligence)
This will only tell you it's genuine Minelab (enough fake Minelab detectors around for them to make this service available) it won't tell you if it was stolen though, you'd expect the shop would sight proof of ownership before paying him so most likely ok.
Oddly enough this looks like a rare good buy "from Cash Converters no less" 🤔 lucky you, good luck with it!

Latest posts