Hired SDC 2300s for a weekend trip to Payne's Find and found a few nuggies

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
September is a great time to be in the WA Goldfields near Payne's Find. Beautiful days, still cool enough to swing all day and have a fire in the evening. We haven't committed to buying detectors yet. I'm still working on turning the hubby into a fully committed swinger of the gold loving kind :). I love the SDC 2300s because they are so quick and easy to use. They are light enough to use all day and we have no trouble detecting shallow gold with them. They are reasonably priced to hire if you mostly go out for short trips. We didn't bother for our recent 3 week trip and I spent the whole trip wishing I could just go for a quick swing.
Anyone else here hire or hired before they bought? Is there another detector we should try next time? We usually go to Payne's Find.

Attachments

• ExWarriedar-2.jpg
    ExWarriedar-2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • ExWarriedar-3.jpg
    ExWarriedar-3.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • ExWarriedar.jpg
    ExWarriedar.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Suz, Yes the SDC is a great machine. You say you can swing it all day without any problems. Something you may try to make it even more comfortable is to make two loops threaded through the loops on the harness at a length so they just overlap in the centre of your chest. Hook your bungie to both these loops and adjust so the machine just hovers above the ground when standing upright. This way the SDC weight is balanced across both shoulders. Another loop on your spoon and you can hang this from the harness also. *** A smack in the eye with your spoon is on the agenda with the fly season arriving. Happy hunting.

September is a great time to be in the WA Goldfields near Payne's Find. Beautiful days, still cool enough to swing all day and have a fire in the evening. We haven't committed to buying detectors yet. I'm still working on turning the hubby into a fully committed swinger of the gold loving kind :). I love the SDC 2300s because they are so quick and easy to use. They are light enough to use all day and we have no trouble detecting shallow gold with them. They are reasonably priced to hire if you mostly go out for short trips. We didn't bother for our recent 3 week trip and I spent the whole trip wishing I could just go for a quick swing.
Anyone else here hire or hired before they bought? Is there another detector we should try next time? We usually go to Payne's Find.
Hi,
I’m just starting to get myself organised to get out detecting as a newbie (new to detecting, not to remote camping).

I’ve been prowling through these forums for a while and the Minelab models seem to be featured heavily (gpx6000 and gpz7000), although that may be a function more related to what I’ve been reading more than anything else.
Given the costs involved, I’ll surely hire a detector before I commit to buying one.

Paynes Find looks like a reasonable spot for a base cam, or at least a place to come back every few days for a shower and a feed.

Are you staying near the roadhouse, or out a bit further?

Latest posts