Hi from Dubbo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SF017S

Scott
Reaction score
G'day all,

I'm a newbie who now has plenty of time to prospect/fossick. I served in the Army my entire adult life for 34 years and have just recently retired. Finding my way on civvie street is the next challenge and I reckon getting out bush with a pass time like looking for gold will suit me just fine.

I'm located in Dubbo and get back to Sydney now and then. I have a few pans and will also look to getting a detector. Researching youtube, I notice, not much is given away. I assume my best locations are Stuart Town or NE Wellington near the dam, as well as, Tomingley and Peak Hill and sites along the Macquarie River. Anyway, it'll be good to take my old LR110 to explore the area.

Looking forward to joining a good community and gain some advice from the old timers and everyone involved here.

Good on ya

Cheers

Scotty :cool:

This may help in you endeavour mate

1607830492_dubbo_nsw.jpg

Welcome to PA Scotty ..... from Vic. so not an expert on NSW regions but have been to gold rich areas Sth of Mudgee with positive results.
Pretty sure there'd be places closer to Dubbo .....
Use the "search" facility and see what come up for areas you're interested in,
Good Luck,\Cheers T.

Just found this in a post by Crevice Sucker .... looks more like your area Scotty....
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1804/1594131892_dubbo.jpg

("Is this a Reef" post .....

Latest posts