Hi Everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the welcome Hawkear. I have been out a few times now and found some pieces of gold almost every time - beginners luck maybe 🤷🏻‍♀️. Its going to take time for me to learn about the different types of rock and ground. It’s very confusing and frustrating when I get a target and dig only to find nothing, not even lead shot. It happened a few times a couple of weeks ago and I eventually gave up after spending half an hour looking. I’m assuming it’s either ground noise and/ or hot rocks, but not sure how to be certain.
That is where I've found a test nugget comes in handy, Jules. If you've already found some gold, keep a small nugget in a plastic display case, and to confirm its the right sound, pull it out and go over it.

Hi Jules,
I got my pick from a miner who makes and sells picks and they're really well made.
Someone on YouTube was using one and mentioned his name. I looked him up on eBay, however have totally forgotten his details.
You can tho, find many locals who make picks that are really really good. Mine is excellent.
At a guess there's probably a few on here, (PA), that make their own and being detectorists know what's needed so you'd not got too far wrong having an ask around.
Sounds like you're doing real well, finding gold already. I hope to find something in the next couple years lol........... trying to be realistic.
Oh, I find a pinpointer sorts out where your target is very quickly.

Latest posts