Hi everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've just joined the forum after lurking as a 'guest' for a few weeks.
In my younger years I enjoyed gold prospecting with my young family in various places around Australia whilst a member of the ADF. then the family started to grow and life got in the way. But now I'm retired and have less time on my hands, but have taken the plunge and decided to take up detecting and panning again with a few of my adult sons. I find that spending time wandering aimlessly around the scrub is somewhat relaxing. It also helps with mental health issues and the dreaded PTSD.
So after that somewhat lengthy Hi, g'day to you all.
Oh, nearly forgot, I live 40 min west of Ballarat and while I still have all my old pans etc, I now have a GPX6000. ;)

I also add my Welcome to you Saintmud and hope you enjoy returning to this peaceful, yet somewhat frustrating hobby. You are in a good area from what i have read, so get those youngens out there and get them on the pick and shovel. :playful: :playful:
Mackka

Mackka said:
I also add my Welcome to you Saintmud and hope you enjoy returning to this peaceful, yet somewhat frustrating hobby. You are in a good area from what i have read, so get those youngens out there and get them on the pick and shovel. :playful: :playful:
Mackka
Thanks Mackka
Already have one son who's very keen. He's used the detector more than me so far :D

Welcome to the forum, enthusiasm is always great, sounds like ya's might do well. :D

silver said:
Welcome to the forum, enthusiasm is always great, sounds like ya's might do well. :D
Thanks.
I hope so.
I have found a 9ct gold heart shaped locket that opens, with a ruby inset on the face. When I work out how to post pictures I'll post a photo of it. (In the appropriate section of course O:) getting the hang of things slowly. )

Hi everyone. I've just joined the forum after lurking as a 'guest' for a few weeks.
In my younger years I enjoyed gold prospecting with my young family in various places around Australia whilst a member of the ADF. then the family started to grow and life got in the way. But now I'm retired and have less time on my hands, but have taken the plunge and decided to take up detecting and panning again with a few of my adult sons. I find that spending time wandering aimlessly around the scrub is somewhat relaxing. It also helps with mental health issues and the dreaded PTSD.
So after that somewhat lengthy Hi, g'day to you all.
Oh, nearly forgot, I live 40 min west of Ballarat and while I still have all my old pans etc, I now have a GPX6000. ;)
Hi saintmud.
The locket find was very good however it also makes me wonder if you are looking in the right spots for gold nuggets, The 6000 is a very good up to date detector and if you have not been having any nugget finds I wonder if you have been looking in the right places.
40k west of Ballarat would put you around the Beaufort area which is the centre of the fabulous Fiery Creek goldfield so there are terrific areas around there for nugget hunting as I can vouch for.
Here is a map of the Beaufort goldfield which you may find helpful for your search for nuggets.Map9B.jpg

Hawkear........ that place is golden!!!!!!!
I'm on the Gold Coast - no gold at all.
Nearest gold probably Warwick quite a drive and nothing big - mostly all small.
Are you guys lucky or what!!!
I drool...........

Hi saintmud.
The locket find was very good however it also makes me wonder if you are looking in the right spots for gold nuggets, The 6000 is a very good up to date detector and if you have not been having any nugget finds I wonder if you have been looking in the right places.
40k west of Ballarat would put you around the Beaufort area which is the centre of the fabulous Fiery Creek goldfield so there are terrific areas around there for nugget hunting as I can vouch for.
Here is a map of the Beaufort goldfield which you may find helpful for your search for nuggets.View attachment 1258
Found this one in that general area

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191124_133936_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124_133936_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts