Hi all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very new to this but enjoying the forum. Have yet to buy my detector. Was thinking of the gold monster 1000 as first buy, any thoughts? Anyway 64 yo wife keen to do this also. Live in Melbourne.

Best Regards
John

Welcome John, your perfectly placed to enjoy some weekends away in the GT detecting, your misses will love those beautiful goldfields towns. Cheers mate and good luck. Dave :beer:

Well just an update, as i said in my first post, i was thinking about the gold monster. Then started to look at the ctx3030 and the sdc2300. Bit the bullet and went for the 2300. Now i cant wait to get started. :goldnugget:

Hi John. The minelab gold monster 1000 vlf seems to be a good detector from all the reviews Ive seen as well. Have fun and a happy new year

Titan8 said:
Bit the bullet and went for the 2300. Now i cant wait to get started. :goldnugget:

You won't be disappointed, my little lady named hers "The Dyson."
Where possible scrub the ground and swing/move very slowly. Carol gets about two weeks out of a coil cover before I give it a work over with fibreglass to fill in the holes.
Make sure you get to know the stock standard machine before you are tempted to play around with add on coils.
This could do your head in while learning the ropes.
Happy New Year & good luck, no doubt you have already been told that "Gold Fever" is terminal. ;)

You picked a excellent detector well done you will not be disappointed they can sniff gold out all the best cheers muk.

Latest posts