Hello From South Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi currently located myself in Andamooka SA and thought i would have a crack at finding some opal. Currently brought myself an eagtac mx30l3-c uv light and afew sets of spare batteries to power this beast. Have no clue in what i am doing but am sure ill pick up the ways of finding it sooner or later. Looking forward to reading peoples past and future posts. Now just to get used to the heat and ill be good lol. Also brought mysell one of those Spot Gen 3 sos and tracking devices that use satellites so if i end up in the doggy dodo i have half a chance of getting out of it as i currently running solo till i meet some like minded people

Last edited:
I don't know if the pub is still open there but I met some great people that were really helpful and a couple of them even invited me out to there claims to have a look. Some very nice people in Andamooka.👍

I don't know if the pub is still open there but I met some great people that were really helpful and a couple of them even invited me out to there claims to have a look. Some very nice people in Andamooka.👍
hello thank you for your reply no pub is gone it was burnt to the ground then it was being rebuilt but was set on fire again so that was the end of that and has only just been cleaned up in the last few weeks and is now an empty site sadly

hi currently located myself in Andamooka SA and thought i would have a crack at finding some opal. Currently brought myself an eagtac mx30l3-c uv light and afew sets of spare batteries to power this beast. Have no clue in what i am doing but am sure ill pick up the ways of finding it sooner or later. Looking forward to reading peoples past and future posts. Now just to get used to the heat and ill be good lol. Also brought mysell one of those Spot Gen 3 sos and tracking devices that use satellites so if i end up in the doggy dodo i have half a chance of getting out of it as i currently running solo till i meet some like minded people
Welcome to the Forum mickey.

I was living in Andamooka most of last year, currently in the big smoke of Roxby Downs 🤣
Plenty of vacant and and abandoned mines and claims to explore, just check for live pegs and stay well away and no one should bother you

I was living in Andamooka most of last year, currently in the big smoke of Roxby Downs 🤣
Plenty of vacant and and abandoned mines and claims to explore, just check for live pegs and stay well away and no one should bother you
Thank you for your reply and the advise turns out i met another miner here who asked what i was wanting to do and when i said what i hope to do he showed me a an underground place that is drivein that i could peg a claim and have just gotten my tags today.

Latest posts