Hart Hill Camping, Thanes Creek Qld.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaros

In Remembrance Nov. 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.harthillcamping.com/
harthillcamping.com campground and here is where it is at:1180 Big Hill Rd. Thanes Ck.
M: Jane 0499 688 979
M: Mark 0403 419 132

It is a work in progress i must say and so do they admit.
Pets allowed.
Toilets/Showers N/A.
No supply shop as yet.
BYO water--a large tank will in the near future.
No motor bikes allowed.
Ok for generator use - say 0800-2100
Fossicking in creek and metal detectors ok but only on the areas on the owners side as the flat area is for horses.
No digging on the flat area.
Firewood free to pick on ground for the communal fire.
No priv campfires as there will be 3 communal campfires nightly to cook on and be hospitable-meeting people is great.
You can still use your gas cookers. OZ pigs allowed.
Non campers are not allowed-like day visitors.
Hi bankers allowed on owners side of Thanes Creek.
Prices:$25-00 a night for 2 adults.
" " " " $18-00" " " " " " " "1 adult.
Kids under 12 $4-00.

Extra adult $8-00.
Alcohol allowed.
Be responsible and leave the camp as you found it--TAKE YOU GARBAGE WITH YOU.
Jane and Mark a very nice Couple.
Happy hunting :goldpan: :goldnugget:

P.S Take no notice of the current reference to a Christian camp as it is being developed on an old template.

Short of calling them yet myself in the next day or two, are these guys still operating their camp?
Used my wife's facebook to check but not much happening there. And the previously working(?) website goes to under construction.
Looking to head out that way somewhere this weekend for a swing maybe.
Cheers

LostNTired said:
Short of calling them yet myself in the next day or two, are these guys still operating their camp?
Used my wife's facebook to check but not much happening there. And the previously working(?) website goes to under construction.
Looking to head out that way somewhere this weekend for a swing maybe.
Cheers

I stayed out there a couple of months ago. They had installed a portable toilet and shower with hot water and the place was cracking along. There were about a dozen others, mostly from one group, and another prospector beside myself.

I just checked Hipcamp and the site is still active so give it a go. Only 10 mins from Durakai, a very nice, peaceful place to stump up for a couple of days.

Cheers
Daniel :pickshovel: :goldpan:

OH...just re-read the Hipcamp page and it states they are not accepting bookings at this time.

They were having problems with some complaints from unknown quarters about them running a camp ground so maybe they have been beaten by the system.

Go figure....

Daniel :pickshovel: :goldpan:

Hi, looks interesting and very generous of you to allow fossickers ?

Just wondering where Thanes Creek is?

This is the reply to my question 'Are you open for business?'

Hi, yes and no. We are a smidge of an inch of council approval. They are coming out here Thursday. Hopefully Ill have all approvals then and no more merry go round.
Regards Jane

Hope this helps. :Y:

They finally got the campground through Council - what a feat.

Bookings are coming in for Australia Day with the week starting Saturday 22 January going through to Sunday 30 January.

Our campers will have plenty of entertainment; starting with the farm pets, the goats (Tilly, Nige, and Goat-T) and providing some TLC to our new miniature mare, Lacy, and her little filly Sophie. Then the fun begins with a game of cricket (visitors vs Thanes Creek), followed by a sausage sizzle.
Register for camping

Hart Hill Camping
1180 Big Hill Road
Thanes Creek Qld

Well done :clap: nice to see someone have a win :perfect: Sounds like a well organised event all the best for the celebrations and going forward :beer:

Jaros Harthill are registered as Newbie's maybe give them a call and ask them to login and give us an update :D

Definitely worth supporting this amenity :Y: even though I'm in Victoria I'll hopefully get there one day 🍺

It's taken them a few years to get their authorisation to set the camp up the way that they want. Basically I suggested a toilet and shower facility. Most of us are self sufficient with solar power and water tanks. They had also told me no campfires either-don't know what happened with that.

It's been a long red tape road for them and I hope they do well in a proven area. It's the nightime Airforce jets testing or taking off that can take some of the enjoyment out of it-but I must say the open sky and stars are magnificent.

Latest posts