Ham Radio

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^
looks colder than a mother inlaws kiss. I worked in Kazakstan for a while, -45 deg plus the wind chill.. Its always a hard tough slog in those climates, that looks no different. Good coffee and hot women are essential, it always puzzled me why countries like that aren't the most populated 😊

I am having fun with my renewed interest in Ham Radio!
Trying out the different modes is great!
Modified my antenna and wow the world appears, these countries worked on 15, 20, 40 and digital all under 20 watts!!!
I have friends questioning me now if I have advanced knowledge of a zombie apocalypse!! :D
😁
Untitled.jpg

Hey fellow Ham's on PA.
Time to dust off that old radio or grab a new SDR??!
We are planning an Olivia Digital mode weekend next year..
Now I say we.... well its not really me, I just designed the banner!!!! (subject to change)
But, Olivia is awesome, it's easy and great fun, so putting it out there to get ya digital boots on!
Foundation Hams can also join in on this!
It's a Global event.

314037162_1174873683448279_4125786942397351765_n.jpg

Successfully got remote control working of the G90, PC and HRD.

View attachment 5777

This (your equipment) looks so wow. Now how I remember ham radio. I've been around hamming since I was a baby. Dad started in 1952, and was one until he died. I'm an advanced class, but not currently doing hamming. My oldest grandson is getting into it and the next oldest also. They even are starting to have some QSL cards.

The photo is Dad's last radio set up. He built the big green amplifier on the right.
Dads radio station main radio.jpg

^ I remember years back in the 70's, the first Ham I met was Bob Gooley, VK3BU at the time. He had a shack that had one huge power amp like that. I remember Dad asking Bob one day what his amp was good for, all Dad got back was a HUGE smile :cool:

I do remember Bob regularly getting 5x9+25dB reports on 20m into the US, he ran a yagi up about 65ft

Last edited:
On that note Simmo, been looking but get lost in the paragraph section four blah blah. Pilots radio operating licence from what I can gather is different to Ham radio licence ? Does Ham radio cover aviation frequencies or Ham radio operator not allowed on them ? Cheers

OMG! Spent a fair few hours working out that I have a faulty USB port on the Ham PC!
BUT!!! I got the new radio going!
It's now PC controlled and what a difference the power makes!
Smashing the red levels into NSW!
Lovin' learning new things!

1st.jpg

Got it working!!
A shit USB lead can be a weak link in your system!!
Good convo's in OZ, but when Jim in Ohio (USA) pipes in and asks if everything is ok!!!

319107174_1870809193254348_2052442498486066078_n.jpg

Latest posts