GPZ7000 settings advice.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few weeks back, someone posted on the forum, that the settings of general and normal were the 2nd best settings on the Z, for the best performance. What I'd like to know is, what is the best setting, as I thought those two were the highest. wiley.

Personally, I ended up running the Z in General/Difficult a lot of the time for general prospecting and first pass over an area if you did find gold.

The Difficult mode was great for keeping the ground noise under control.

General is optimised for bits between 5 and 50 grams (I think that is roughly what the manual says). I had times where 5-12 gram pieces signalled well in General but were either not heard or barely heard in High Yield (designed for the tiny bits and up to 5 grams).

I was always going to be happier to pick up a 5 gram piece over a heap of sub gram fly shite.

The great thing about the Z is at least you have options with regard to settings. The GPX 6000 is much more limited.

When I did my training when I first got the Z, the bloke there said that Normal/High Yield was 'wide open throttle' on the Z and would pick up the widest range of targets. Over time I grew to disagree with that as General/Difficult got those bigger pieces but still easily picked up lead shot and some pretty bloody tiny gold. I don't think it misses much but that's just my opinion ;)

I've tried Normal/High Yield on mine, but it's so noisy, I drop it back to General/Difficult. I've always run mine in General/Normal, but now I'm starting to try the other settings. But High Yield is just so annoying to use, I'd rather run it in General/Normal, as that's more stable on my 7000. wiley

Latest posts