GPZ7000 Coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all,

I am buying a GPZ7000 and have the option to buy it in a bundle with the standard coil and also optional the large 19 inch and also the new Nugget Finder 12 inch I think it is. I am basically asking the question is the bigger coil worth buying? And also is the new 12 inch Nugget Finder coil worth buying as well ? or am I better off just sticking with the standard coil it comes with? Would appreciate your opinions before I pull the trigger. Cheers

The 19" is so clunky and unpopular that in the US they were giving them away free with new 7000's for a while! The Nugget Finder, on the other hand is meant to be a good 'un, however the standard 14" coil is fine if you want to keep your outlay to a minimum.

I appreciate your input gents. I think i will go for the 12 inch and not bother with the big 19 as sounds like not worth it. Cheers guys and best of luck out there.

I used the 12" today.
Had been running sensitivities at 14 because of ground noise, but today turned it up to 20, what a difference! Super sensitive :perfect:

I know Minelab states that the 7000 coil can be used under water up to a depth of 1 metre. Is anyone using the coil under water to detect, if so any issues ?

Well, it is wateerproof but only the coil and the cable - not the detector itself - you could go deper if you extend the cable but how long are your arms?
It is for the occasional edge or gully where you can easily detect - for underwater minelab has other detectors

Well, the 19 inch is very much worth it - it is surprisingly good with rather small nugets - but is so very heavy, that it obviously could have been designed lighter - like not as a solid big closed coil filled with foam.

The now available aftermarket coils - and that is not only the Nuggetfinder, but also X-coils, are a great option to a long very limited option of exactly 2 coils: 14 or 19 inch.

The depth-advantage of the 19 inch is what first has to challenged with any smaller coil - but you will not always need that much depth (but sometimes you do!)

Latest posts