GPX6000 - Tips, Tricks, Settings, Accessories & Other Notable Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering without having to read too much, has anyone tried to fix something to the skid plate to try and stop the annoying drumming sound that comes from the hollow coil?

Just wondering without having to read too much, has anyone tried to fix something to the skid plate to try and stop the annoying drumming sound that comes from the hollow coil?

No, but if I did anything I'd coat the back of the skidplate with RTT sealant.

RTT Sealant.jpg

For the last couple of years it's been my fix-it solution to many things.

Rtt dispenser.jpg

This sauce bottle travels with me most of the time. I just loosen the top, tear off the blue plug and tip a little out. It has an excellent shelf life in this bottle. What's in here has been around the continent and still remains fluid for use every few days on something. It doesn't stick securely to the plastic because it doesn't dissolve and key into the surface. It removes like rubber. You'll see it used here in the photo sealing the edge of the MDF sink bench top that lives out in the weather.

If I have something noisy, like the 6000 skid plate that's what I'd use. I've only used a thin strip of it applied to the outer edge of my skidplates to prevent them coming off. It's easier to apply and holds much better than tape and can be removed when needed.

Just think it needs the hollow void filled to stop the drumming effect. Expanda foam maybe? Or a bit of rubber sheet taped to the coil cover may stop the drumming sound.

Just think it needs the hollow void filled to stop the drumming effect. Expanda foam maybe? Or a bit of rubber sheet taped to the coil cover may stop the drumming sound.

The GPZ7000 suffers from the same problem. If my brother is swinging the 7000 I hear him coming long before I see him or I'm affected by the interference of his detector. For that reason I've been using the earphones more than the neck speaker on stony ground. I'd like to have a good pair of Bluetooth noise cancelling earphones for the 6000 but I've got so many options now that I know Mrs M would have a quiet grumble about me buying something else :rolleyes:

I always use headphones unless it’s really hot but can still hear the drumming noise through the coil. It has something to do with running the 5 whisper quite listening for the subtle changes . Still getting used to it .

Shame is not working for ya dave,they've been brilliant down here where we are.
A mate that does a bit of this an that for minelab dropped in the other day,im sure he said there might be an update coming for the 6,he's outa service atm but i'll see him next cuppla weeks.
They had the new 7 and 6 coils to use while here to the buggers 🤔
Hope the garrett handles our ground that's the big question i think...
It's not that's its not working, it's just not what I hoped for.

I'm just waiting for the 16x10" NF for the 6000. When you get onto a wide open space the 11" just seems too small to search looking for a patch. I can and do swap to the 4500 but I just love the weight of the 6000 and that new coil, if it ever comes, is lighter than the 14"DD.
Latest I've seen is the NF coils will be available early 2023?
They should be worth the wait.

does anyone know if any Bluetooth headphones or ear buds will pair up with the 6000 ?

I think just about anything will pair to the 6000.

See my post on the previous page. We have the Avantree neck speaker. I bought another waterproof one of these earlier but the Avantree is low latency and that's important.

Just got these from Kmart for $5 they pair up to the 6000 I done a little test in my backyard with a tiny nugget and seem to work well they are not low latency so I can’t really tell if there’s any delay seemed ok but there’s a lot of interference in my backyard I will take them out bush in the next few days for a proper test at least I know now any Bluetooth pairs up and if I need to spend bit more to get low latency I’m confident they will work..

Attachments

• 1D858796-AB5B-40D8-B361-D41E581E53BF.jpeg
    1D858796-AB5B-40D8-B361-D41E581E53BF.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • C5793C29-2D34-43E9-99D0-4F4D0E601E42.jpeg
    C5793C29-2D34-43E9-99D0-4F4D0E601E42.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Just got these from Kmart for $5 they pair up to the 6000 I done a little test in my backyard with a tiny nugget and seem to work well they are not low latency so I can’t really tell if there’s any delay seemed ok but there’s a lot of interference in my backyard I will take them out bush in the next few days for a proper test at least I know now any Bluetooth pairs up and if I need to spend bit more to get low latency I’m confident they will work..
So you spent $8,000 for the machine & are going to couple it to $5 of "quality" non aptx Bluetooth earbuds to hear the targets, what could possibly go wrong? I think you have your priorities a bit mixed up. Please let me know where (if) you find any gold, so I can go there when you think you have it all 🤑🤣

So you spent $8,000 for the machine & are going to couple it to $5 of "quality" non aptx Bluetooth earbuds to hear the targets, what could possibly go wrong? I think you have your priorities a bit mixed up. Please let me know where (if) you find any gold, so I can go there when you think you have it all 🤑🤣
Lol i only got them to see if anything will pair up I didn’t want to spend a lot to find out they didn’t work I actually wasn’t even looking for them in Kmart I was Christmas shopping and noticed them on the shelf so I thought I’d give them a go more than likely I will get myself some really good ones now that I know they work

Latest posts