GPX6000 - Tips, Tricks, Settings, Accessories & Other Notable Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a earlier thread post where someone showed instructions how to put a rubber O-Ring up under on each of the two shaft nuts on to the Minelab GPX6000’s two factory stock shafts. “It helped with the stability of both shafts.” It was simple, just slide the correct sized rubber O-Rings up over each smaller shaft hidden underneath the larger shafts above the two shaft nuts, slide the shafts together, and then tighten up both nuts. (No, this is not a sex lesson.)

Last edited:
There was a earlier thread post where someone showed instructions how to put a rubber O-Ring up under on each of the two shaft nuts on to the Minelab GPX6000’s two factory stock shafts. “It helped with the stability of both shafts.” It was simple, just slide the correct sized rubber O-Rings up over each smaller shaft hidden underneath the larger shafts above the two shaft nuts, slide the shafts together, and then tighten up both nuts. (No, this is not a sex lesson.)
I've done a search but can't find the post? Only 4500/5000 posts showing how to replace those twist locks (which include an o-ring).
Sounds like an easy fix if it works.

Found it here:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/19624-1-gpx-6000-twisting-shaft-solution-o-rings/
👍

Oops sorry, my bad, mixed up, wrong Forum!! But YES those are the correct ones. I also belong to that other Forum. Thank you very much to mbasko (Matt) and to Northeast for the extra effort to search & find them!! I do hope the O-Ring trick helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts