GPX5000 Shaft Twist Lock Assembly

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been swinging a 20" mono on the GPX lately, and I think that extra weight on the end has made me have to tighten the shaft twist lock in the middle more often to the point that I seem to have stripped it. I've been searching online trying to find a replacement, but other than Minelabs site for members/suppliers I can't find any on Reeds, Minders Den, Phasetech etc. Does anyone know who stocks them where they are readily available and won't have to be ordered in please?

I found one supplier on ebay, but they are in the US and delivery wouldn't be until near the end of May. If there is any heavier duty aftermarket version available I would also be interested in knowing about it please. It's making it hard to keep the coil level with the ground as it twists with the loose lower shaft as I move it.

Thanks, -Deepseeker

Maybe give a Miners Den near you a call - they are now authorised service agents so should stock or be able to get parts. Part number is 8008-0002.
Actually any dealer could probably get them?

Thanks mbasko, it just occurred to me though that there is a PM feature here that I've never used before, so I PM'd Nenad to see if it's something he stocks or can get easily.

I have got one before from coiltek maryborough, they had them in stock behind the counter. Just ask the guys in there.

Hey Deepseeker, can you let me know if you find a supplier. Because mine is on its way out too, i've had a look for one as well but no luck.. Cheers mate..

Thanks guys,

I got a PM back from Nenad at Phasetech and he said he stocks them. He's out and about at the moment but he said he will email me a price when he gets back.

So I guess that's an answer for you too Eluvial :Y:
If I can get one mailed to me in the next week or so that would work better for me. I'm in Echuca and I won't get a chance to drive anywhere before my next detecting trip in another couple of weeks.

Latest posts