GPX 6000 Normal v Difficult setting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Mate just returned from a detecting session around Creswick ...... seems he tried running in "Normal" ground rather than "Difficult" .....with some (limited, but good for the area) success.
My default has always just been to run in difficult, with a lot less sensitivity than he was using as well. Being old experienced SDC users we were both used to the constant chattering, seems he doesn't mind the "noise", I like to run a bit quieter these days.
Just wondering how other 6000 users were running their machines.
56FB26A2-D58E-4339-A2ED-18C62645CB22_1_201_a.jpegBCA0E5CE-97F3-48E7-A404-82F2A8A1A38B_1_201_a.jpeg

I've tried normal but so far have found it way too chattery.
I'll try again once the ground dries up and depending on what the rest of the ground is like.
I run sensitivity as high as I can but I've been lucky to get it to 4 or 5 this winter.
I usually run it at 1 or 2.
Last summer I mainly ran it in auto.

I've tried normal but so far have found it way too chattery.
I'll try again once the ground dries up and depending on what the rest of the ground is like.
I run sensitivity as high as I can but I've been lucky to get it to 4 or 5 this winter.
I usually run it at 1 or 2.
Last summer I mainly ran it in auto.
I'm with you, seem to avoid Normal even though we know that we should adjust to suit local conditions, just a creature of habit I suppose. Ditto with sensitivity, usually pretty low especially with the soaked ground. Are you using the new Goldhawk coil or just standard ML 11"?

I've found normal is unsuitable where there are hotrocks but in many cases I can get away with it. You just have to watch those deep red patches that have you digging to China. The GPX6000 worked quite well running the 11" mono coil in wet ground and I even pulled a 3g nugget out of a water hole.

I'm with you, seem to avoid Normal even though we know that we should adjust to suit local conditions, just a creature of habit I suppose. Ditto with sensitivity, usually pretty low especially with the soaked ground. Are you using the new Goldhawk coil or just standard ML 11"?
Using the 10x5 Goldhawk. After using this for about 4 weeks and putting the 11 inch back on i realised just how much more noisier the 11 inch is.
I took it in and they changed it out for a new one. Still haven't picked it up yet so it'll be interesting to see how the new coil goes.

Normal can be quite handy for pinpointing once the gold is out of the hole. (I’m talking about those bits of gold that the scales don’t recognise)

Using the 10x5 Goldhawk. After using this for about 4 weeks and putting the 11 inch back on i realised just how much more noisier the 11 inch is.
I took it in and they changed it out for a new one. Still haven't picked it up yet so it'll be interesting to see how the new coil goes.

Thanks SL, that Goldhawk may be worth a try, think I can get a demo coil but considering the NF, just for a change, have a few Colitek models for the pre 6000 GPX, which dealer are you using.

I’ve only had a couple of days on it but so far my thoughts. Will it find gold I’ve missed with the 5 and 12 evo.? Possibly but it’s so much more of a pleasure to use I don’t really care. 😁

Latest posts