GPX 6000 Noise

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not good about the coils & have heard of a few failing but not had it happen to mine yet - touch wood.
My 6000 was a first release & the 11" mono is pretty much the only coil I've used on it (apart from about ~6hrs with the 17"). My mates machine is the same age & he's never had the 11" off it & it's still ok to.
In saying that we both had control box issues that needed return to Minelab for warranty repair so not all rosey for us either.
I think there's been some serious quality control issues with this model & hopefully Minelab have addressed that as it's less than adequate for an expensive detector.
Since my initial problem was repaired & all gear checked by Minelab I can't fault mine though. Very impressed with it overall.
I got one of the first machines at Bendigo. The salesman put two on the counter I took one my friend the other. I am on my third 11 inch he has not had a problem. Just unlucky I guess. One was noisy and wouldn't balance, the other kept turning the machine off showing the coil error symbol. Minelab has been fantastic with a 4 day turn around with a replacement.

Latest posts