GPX 5000 Salt lake settings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
What settings are people running for salt lakes with the GPX5000? I have tried detecting on a salt lakes with the settings set on salt gold, fixed ground balance (set in general), volume set at 15 and 11 inch mono coil. The problem is that targets are very faint to hear even with my sample bit of gold it is stil very faint. Any suggestions as to why this may be? I have even tried to change the volume up with no success.

shakergt said:
What settings are people running for salt lakes with the GPX5000? I have tried detecting on a salt lakes with the settings set on salt gold, fixed ground balance (set in general), volume set at 15 and 11 inch mono coil. The problem is that targets are very faint to hear even with my sample bit of gold it is stil very faint. Any suggestions as to why this may be? I have even tried to change the volume up with no success.

This is an old thread BUT.

Sounds like you've tried everything. The salt setting does that, have you tried taking it out of salt and using a DD coil. You don't have to run in salt necessarily.

Latest posts