GoPro Hero 3 (Black)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got one of these from my lovely wife for my birthday last week.
OMG! What a camera these are!!!
Still getting my head around it, and the app, and the Cineform software, but hoolie doolie! The quality is truly magnificent!
Playing around today, this is not high quality, but filmed at 240 fps!

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZJGSv7gkVI[/video]

what I really want to be able to do is this.....

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HQz58Ssa4c[/video]

Cool eh?? Not bad for a couple of grand, and then if you crash one.....

Hi Gold miner, they are state of the art machines. My son has bought one t strap to his head when he jumps out of perfectly good planes!
Bill :rolleyes:

Hay Gm,
That's bloody awesome footage from the helicopter.
How good would that be for checking out a new creek or river, looking for bars etc.
What's the range on the remote?
How much was the Hero 3?
I nearly bought one for my son for Christmas, bought him a car instead.

Cheers
Mick

backcreek said:
Hay Gm,
How good would that be for checking out a new creek or river, looking for bars etc.
How much was the Hero 3?

Cheers
Mick

Yeah Mick,
Its a Quadcopter with what they call FPV.. if you watch the video again, you can see the pilot sitting on the jetty, with a headset/goggles on...
He is seeing what we see in the video, and thats why he can fly like he does!!

For range.....well, there are systems that can give you 2 km's!!! (search utube for juz70)
If you had the best systems installed like naxa, even if it lost radio contact, it would fly itself home!!

The gopro 3 was rrp $489, I managed to talk Hardley Normal down to $450.
Plus, the cheapest place for an SD card is Office works, 16 gig for $19..

As for the prezzy for your son, mate, I reckon the camera could be safer!!!! :)

Blinkie said:
Hi Gold miner, they are state of the art machines. My son has bought one t strap to his head when he jumps out of perfectly good planes!
Bill :rolleyes:

Ok mate,

I've done 7 jumps. but all with the RN over 30 yrs ago!!! (and thats RN not ARN!!)
No cameras or sports canopies then Bud!!

For my birthday last week, I asked for and got an AR Drone 2.0 with a 720p camera on it for exactly the purpose of scouting locations for digging. I have not taken it out to the goldfields yet, but it's awesome. I will be including some footage from it in my next prospecting video.

Gold miner said:
backcreek said:
Hay Gm,
How much was the Hero 3?

Cheers
Mick

Yeah Mick,
Its a Quadcopter with what they call FPV.. if you watch the video again, you can see the pilot sitting on the jetty, with a headset/goggles on...
He is seeing what we see in the video, and thats why he can fly like he does!!

For range.....well, there are systems that can give you 2 km's!!! (search utube for juz70)
If you had the best systems installed like naxa, even if it lost radio contact, it would fly itself home!!

The gopro 3 was rrp $489, I managed to talk Hardley Normal down to $450.
Plus, the cheapest place for an SD card is Office works, 16 gig for $19..

As for the prezzy for your son, mate, I reckon the camera could be safer!!!! :)

Yea GM,
I agree wholeheartedly about the prezzie.
He and some mates went down to Jervis bay last weekend and one of his MATES BORROWED the car at 2am without him knowing to drive into Macas in Nowra, swerved to miss a roo and wrote it off. :mad: Third party insurance only. :mad:
TEENAGERS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is part of the reason I'm not at Tuena this weekend.
Bloody TEENAGERS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cheers
Mick

Ditherer and Son said:
For my birthday last week, I asked for and got an AR Drone 2.0 with a 720p camera on it for exactly the purpose of scouting locations for digging. I have not taken it out to the goldfields yet, but it's awesome. I will be including some footage from it in my next prospecting video.

Yeah mate,
Had a look at them, but I'm sorta wanting to go more hard core?? (an' I dont own an iphone!)
That being said, I think Palmer Digger has seen the footage from one of the boys at the Palmer, using one of these up high, and apparently the recording was quite impressive!

Latest posts