Gold Nuggets Melted and Alloyed to Produce 18 Karat Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us Les. Your daughter and her partner will both have Wedding rings that are truly special :Y:

Thanks Deepseeker. Looking forward to seeing the finished rings. I was impressed with how clean the gold was before it was placed in the crucible. It was soaked in a 17% sulfuric acid solution to clean it up before the melt.

Great video Les :perfect: :clap: sure is interesting I'm hoping to do similar things once I find enough :) it'll happen one day :beer:

Lesgold said:
Good onya RM,

I reckon that each day that passes, the PB nugget will be one day closer. Hope you find it soon.

Cheers

Les

Not really chasing a pb Les but I'll take it if it happens :Y: :beer: all I'm after is enough to spread it around to those who matter most by the way of jewellery :perfect: and hopefully create a legacy to be passed on :) The reward of a smile of the people who mean the most to me is worth more than any monetary value :heart:

Your video is a great inspiration for me to make sure it happens :clap: I'm sure you will have one of your happiest days giving your daughter away at her wedding :heart: and having that special touch of true love that money can't buy :sunny: :rainbow: :party: :goldnugget: :gemstone: enjoy

Hi RM,

We are on the same page here. I really appreciate your comments. I had been thinking about this for a long time and was so happy when my future son-in-law asked me about using some of my gold for wedding rings. He really does know my daughter well and what it would mean to her. The pleasure of finding the gold does not come anywhere near joy of giving to people who really value the story.

Hi Goody,

15 grams of gold all up. Both rings will use far less than that. There will be plenty left over for earrings, future modification, resizing etc.

Cheers

Les

For both ring's wow

I need to find some gold I think

Please keep us updated on how the Ring's turn out as I am very interest on how they turn out..

Goody

Hi Folks,

My daughter and her partner picked up the wedding rings yesterday. They were really happy with the way they turned out.
1573942429_26a526fa-f88c-4dfd-bced-b2b8df11b16e.jpg

There was a nice chunk of rose gold left over. My daughter will get earrings made from that billet. Happy days ahead.

Cheers

Les

Latest posts