Gold Kruzer GK24 Coil .. are you using one?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to grab one of these and just got home from prospecting and it had arrived. The one thing i did like was the "web" open design. I recently tried a GoldMaster 24 in the water and the coil just wanted to float back up, it was a little annoying. Of course being larger than the standard small issue dd coil that comes with the kruzer this may cover more ground nicely, any opinions? Thanks

It is a good coil. The standard 10x6 is concentric, so excellent in milder soils or if using the Gold Kruzer to look for jewellery or coins. The GK24 is DD so runs smoother in goldfield soils. It is only just behind the little 7x4" on sensitivity, but gets better depth on the larger bits.

PhaseTech said:
It is a good coil. The standard 10x6 is concentric, so excellent in milder soils or if using the Gold Kruzer to look for jewellery or coins. The GK24 is DD so runs smoother in goldfield soils. It is only just behind the little 7x4" on sensitivity, but gets better depth on the larger bits.
I did a test with the Garrett 24K was a little disappointed, the Kruzer did do better with the smaller coil. .2 nugget and .5 ingot at about 4 inches and both were picked up by the kruzer, the 24k went straight over them! So I will be interested to see how the larger coil goes? Many thanks!

XLOOX said:
Yup my fav coil.

Use 90% of time.

Exactly as Nenad says - nearly as sensitive as GK19 and nearly as deep as GK26C but handles mineralisation better than GK26C
I am looking forwards to using it, in a week or two

Latest posts