gold i have crushed so far

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:D
P1030860_zps9981147b.jpg

P1030853_zpsdeec8699.jpg

P1030842_zpsa3390181.jpg

P1030836_zpsc52ec583.jpg

Nice work HTY.

How good is it using equipment you've constructed yourself & seeing it work so good hey.
Keep it simple - good stuff!

Great work HTY....the Egyptians built Pyramids 2000 years ago with the same type of technology...glad to see it still in use today....and great gold as well..Cheers Wal. :)

Hey Yellow, I'm looking at crushing some quartz I have found but I'm wedding if any is more likely to contain gold than others. I've been collecting rusty coloured decomposing quartz near slate but I noticed your specimens seem to contain grey within the quartz.......what should I be looking for?

Nice pics by the way.

Copper

the black slate is below the water table so as it dosen't get any oxygen to it and thats why it dosen't change colour under ground but up top its the same type of rock its just oxidised thats why you don't get black slate up top it may go from a black slate to a grey or even a white in some cases depending on how long its had so oxidise above the water table ill try and get a pic later today to explain it better and show you

ps if you ever find blue quartz your on a good spot the blue is from a mineral called stibnite
cheers :D

allso pm me if you have any other questions

Thats awesome mate! You've done well, very impressed with that lot.... well get back to it, I reckon you've got heaps more work to do :p

I have to make a crusher for powdering some rock. I was told that I have to do the weld on the inside so the gold doesn't get caught. Not sure what I'll use as a weight either yet as the whole thing has to be portable as I am traveling and then I also have to design it so I can start it up and walk away and just let the hammer work up and down on auto till thete is only powder left. Big ask I know but it presents a challenge and I like challenges. :)

Latest posts