"Gold Dipping" .... can someone educate an old fart.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Have come across this bit of odd trading in gold, probably more like a raffle pub chook raffle.
To my simple mind looks like you enter a "mini raffle" for a place in the main raffle, while the number of mini spots looks predetermined not sure how many main spots there are.
On "offer" is anything from little gem nuggets to (from memory) nuggets substantially larger (126Gms?).
As they say a fool and his/her/their (insert appropriate currently allowed terminology) money are soon parted but what would I know .... that's why I'm asking.

Attachments

• 2804ACFA-074A-47BE-83D6-0EC719457035_1_201_a.jpeg
    2804ACFA-074A-47BE-83D6-0EC719457035_1_201_a.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 0
  • D4DE3769-AAFA-49AE-A8CC-7D3B51096C4D_1_201_a.jpeg
    D4DE3769-AAFA-49AE-A8CC-7D3B51096C4D_1_201_a.jpeg
    622.6 KB · Views: 0
Teemore: To my simple mind looks like you enter a "mini raffle" for a place in the main raffle, while the number of mini spots looks predetermined not sure how many main spots there are.

What's the betting every entrant (sucker) gets told they're part of the limited number of lucky winners of a place in the main raffle. Pony up another $50-100 for your chance to take home the 15g of gold (which probably doesn't even exist).

Use of a BSB + Account Number effectively conceals where any bank transfer ends up, as the account name is unverifiable.

If it looks like a scam and it smells like a scam - it's a scam. 👎

What's the betting every entrant (sucker) gets told they're part of the limited number of lucky winners of a place in the main raffle. Pony up another $50-100 for your chance to take home the 15g of gold (which probably doesn't even exist).

Use of a BSB + Account Number effectively conceals where any bank transfer ends up, as the account name is unverifiable.

If it looks like a scam and it smells like a scam - it's a scam. 👎

Don't know enough about it to call it either way but money is not leaving my pocket.
Cheers T.

Latest posts